Who we are and what we do
Momentive (formerly SurveyMonkey) is a leader in agile experience management, delivering powerful, purpose-built solutions that bring together the best parts of humanity and technology to redefine AI. Momentive products, including GetFeedback, SurveyMonkey, and its brand and market insights solutions, empower decision-makers at 345,000 organizations worldwide to shape exceptional experiences. More than 20 million active users rely on Momentive to fuel market insights, brand insights, employee experience, customer experience, and product experience. Ultimately, the company’s vision is to raise the bar for human experiences by amplifying individual voices. Learn more at momentive.ai.
What we're looking for
Momentive is looking for a Senior Tax Director to join our tax team. The Senior Tax Director will lead a tax team that has the primary responsibility for tax accounting, international tax, M&A tax, and transfer pricing matters. The Senior Tax Director will guide the preparation and review of the income tax provision, assist with transfer pricing entries and domestic and international tax filings, develop tax planning opportunities, and help with the documentation of tax positions and attributes. You will be based in San Mateo, will report to the VP of Global Tax, and will initially have 3 direct reports.
- Lead a tax team with primary responsibility for tax accounting, international tax, and M&A tax maters, and secondary responsibility for transfer pricing matters
- Aspire to be head of tax in the future
- Provide strategic advice and leadership to management, to cross-functional teams, and to the audit committee
- Partner with teams on new and ongoing global business initiatives to advise on income tax risks, opportunities, and consequences
- Perform and review technical research and analysis on tax matters
- Develop and document tax strategies, policies and positions
- Review agreements and collaborate with business and legal teams to ensure contracts contain key terms consistent with global tax structure
- Monitor and analyze existing and proposed tax legislation
- Assist in the planning, formation, and/or liquidation of legal entities
- Manage process and relationship with outside tax advisers on income tax matters
- Manage budget process for Tax team
- Oversee preparation and review of quarterly tax provisions, including uncertain tax position analyses, annual provision-to-return analyses, and account reconciliations
- Assist in review of transfer pricing entries
- Assist with the review of book-to-tax differences and quarterly estimated and annual tax filings
- Work with our Dublin Finance team in support of the foreign financial statements and tax return preparation and review
- Manage the internal control environment within Tax
- Assist with process improvement and automation initiatives within the Tax department
- 10+ years of tax experience in industry, law firm or public accounting
- Ability to explain complex tax concepts to a non-tax technical audience
- Strong fundamental technical knowledge of corporate taxation, especially with regard to tax provision accounting and tax planning
- Demonstrated leadership and management experience
- Working knowledge of international, federal, state and local tax law and applicable regulations
- Experience in the preparation and review of federal and state income tax returns and workpapers
- Understanding of ASC 740 Accounting for Income Tax
- Experience in preparing and reviewing tax provisions
- Experience in R&D tax credit studies and documentation
- Capability of providing suggestions and alternatives to complex scenarios
- Strong documentation skills
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field
- JD, CPA or Masters of Science in Taxation (MST)
What we offer our employees
Momentive is a place where the curious come to grow and shape what’s next. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture for our 1,400+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC, we’re building a workplace where people of every background can excel. We’ve won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals.
Momentive is featured as a Glassdoor 2021 Best Place to Work and National Capital Region's Top Employer in Canada (2021). In 2020, Momentive was recognized as a top place to work by Glassdoor Best Places to Work, Fortune Best Places to Work in the Bay Area, Parity.org’s Best Companies for Women to Advance, and National Capital Region’s Top Employers in Canada. Momentive has consistently been recognized by Great Place to Work® and Fortune as a top workplace since 2018, and we have also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among the G2 Best Software Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Our commitment to an inclusive workplace
Momentive is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We celebrate the unique differences of our employees because that is what drives curiosity, innovation, and the success of our business. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information, political affiliation, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.
Learn more about our diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts here.