Who we are and what we do
SurveyMonkey (Nasdaq: SVMK), is a leader in agile software solutions for customer experience, market research, and survey feedback. Our platform empowers more than 20 million active users to analyze and act on feedback from employees, customers, website and app users, and market research respondents. SurveyMonkey's products, enterprise solutions, and integrations enable more than 345,000 organizations to deliver better customer experiences, increase employee retention , and unlock growth and innovation. Ultimately, SurveyMonkey's vision is to raise the bar for human experiences by amplifying individual voices.
More about our Use Cases team
Our Use Cases team builds Market Research expert solutions that help market researchers make data driven decisions quickly by combining built-in expert methodologies, an integrated panel, presentation-ready reports, and AI-Powered Insights.
Checkout our market research solutions https://www.surveymonkey.com/market-research/solutions
What we're looking for
We are looking for an experienced Front-End Software Engineer who has a passion for solving challenging problems and developing product features. Our team has a startup vibe and we need to move fast. You will help define the Front-End engineering northstar across our market research pillar. You will report to the Manager of Front-End Development, Use Cases and will be an important member of the team.
- Lead large efforts by working with product managers, UX designers, developers and QA to ensure we build scalable solutions with quality in mind
- Architect solutions that are scalable and optimized for re-usability
- Identify and set action plans to improve architecture, performance and quality gaps in our products
- Contribute to the SurveyMonkey's front-end architecture, code standards, tooling and common Front-End libraries
- Champion adoption and integration of new frameworks, libraries and technologies
- Be a Front-End Engineering consultant across SurveyMonkey
- Collaborate and mentor other engineers to promote best practices and help grow their technical skills
- Present and host knowledge sharing sessions, technical workshops, code walkthrough to spread the knowledge
- Have 12+ years of experience in web application development
- Experience With REST APIs and coding against external services
- Experience with backend frameworks and technologies such as Node.js, GraphQL
- Hands on coding experience and a culture of code and tech specification reviews
- Bachelor's in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent
Nice to have
- Lead large web application projects and mentoring junior engineers
- Experience with TypeScript, Python Pyramid Django
- Material contributions to open source projects
- Experience with build tools like WebPack, Grunt or Rollup
- Experience with modern web frameworks, like Pyramid, Django, Flask, or Rails (Ruby)
- Agile, test-driven development, continuous builds, and frequent deployments
- Linux (Ubuntu), MAC configuration and administration
What we offer our employees
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC, we’re building a workplace where people of every background can thrive. We’ve won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals.
SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 and 2019, and the company has also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC’s Disruptor 50 and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Our commitment to an inclusive workplace
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.
Learn more about our diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts here.