Who we are and what we do
SurveyMonkey (Nasdaq: SVMK), is a leader in agile software solutions for customer experience, market research, and survey feedback. Our platform empowers more than 20 million active users to analyze and act on feedback from employees, customers, website and app users, and market research respondents. SurveyMonkey's products, enterprise solutions, and integrations enable more than 345,000 organizations to deliver better customer experiences, increase employee retention , and unlock growth and innovation. Ultimately, SurveyMonkey's vision is to raise the bar for human experiences by amplifying individual voices.
More about our Cloud Engineering Team
As a member of the Cloud Engineering team at SurveyMonkey, you will help determine the policies, procedures, architecture, and support the ongoing operation of our AWS environments.The Cloud Engineering team is also at the center of our expansion into AWS and migration away from physical data centers. This role presents a prime opportunity for providing guidance, best practices, and mentorship to other engineers while we move further into AWS.
- Architect, build, and operate AWS environments with well established best practices
- Define and implement standards around the use of AWS services
- Migrate on-premise services to AWS
- Help determine our AWS account structure, IAM policies, and AWS account security at scale
- Lead in the improvement of the availability and scalability of our AWS infrastructure
- 3+ years of experience with AWS, including but not limited to heavy experience with IAM, VPC, EC2, ALB, S3, CloudWatch, Cloudfront, and Cloudformation
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience
- 3+ years of experience building and evolving well-architected environments in AWS
- Experience using Configuration Management tooling such as Terraform, and proven strategies for maintaining large infrastructure-as-code deployments
- Linux and Windows administration through automated scripting of operations within those OS environments
- Experience with Python in either a software engineering or DevOps environment
You may have
- A solid understanding of network protocols and common services
- Experience of Git and JIRA
- Experience with monitoring and logging tools such as New Relic, Cloudwatch, or Splunk
- Experience migrating from on-prem data centers to public clouds
- Experience with web standards, REST interfaces, proxy servers, and CDNs
- Mad emoji making skills
What we offer our employees
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By advocating inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC, we're building a workplace where people of every background can excel. We've won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals.
SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 and 2019, and we have also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC's Disruptor 50 and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Our commitment to an inclusive workplace
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.
Learn more about our diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts here.