Who we are and what we do
SurveyMonkey (Nasdaq: SVMK), is a leader in agile software solutions for customer experience, market research, and survey feedback. Our platform empowers more than 20 million active users to analyze and act on feedback from employees, customers, website and app users, and market research respondents. SurveyMonkey's products, enterprise solutions, and integrations enable more than 345,000 organizations to deliver better customer experiences, increase employee retention , and unlock growth and innovation. Ultimately, SurveyMonkey's vision is to raise the bar for human experiences by amplifying individual voices.
More about our Strategic Partnerships Team
As a Research Director for Financial Services, you will be a part of the Strategic Partnerships team -- a research and alliances group that works across the company to create value for customers. We deliver data that showcase SurveyMonkey's unique capabilities and great benefits as a technology partner. We've launched technology partner programs to spur digital transformation, helped secure major strategic investments and new revenue, and our work is routinely featured in the media. Our broad remit covers technology, media, data, and innovation partnerships. While we're not in sales, product, engineering, marketing, or finance, we help lead teams and work directly with our C-suite to drive impact on our most important strategic plans. You will report to the Chief Research Officer.
What we're looking for
You have a sense for what's moving markets today, and are excited to identify the trends that will define our collective lives in the years ahead. You are motivated to gauge, probe, andexplain consumer sentiment and behaviors across multiple sectors. You have experience synthesizing complex information and are gifted at communicating in writing and "on air," whether on TV, on the radio, or other platforms. We're looking for an entrepreneurial self-starter with exceptional organization, planning, and execution capabilities. You also have a proven ability to build productive cross-functional relationships and work with senior management and external parties. A background in research and financial services is helpful.
- Set and execute a diverse research program on consumer trends, with a focus financial services
- Emulate a top-tier investment analyst covering the big trends driving the future performance of top companies
- Evaluate potential research and data partnerships for both feasibility and impact on business outcomes
- Identify and prioritize potential partners and represent SurveyMonkey externally in those discussions
- Represent SurveyMonkey data publicly in the media and at conferences
- Establish success KPIs, report on key partner metrics regularly, and help launch new initiatives to scale partnership outcomes
- Bachelor's Degree required, preferably in economics, management, finance, or other business related fields
- 8+ years of work experience
- Experience in "on air" media, whether on TV, on the radio, or other platforms
- Success at managing cross-functional projects
- Data modeling, critical thinking, and presentation skills
- Experience in measuring, tracking, and predicting consumer sentiment, consumer behavior, and investor perceptions
- MBA and 2+ years in top-tier management consulting, investment banking, or private equity strongly preferred
What we offer our employees
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By advocating inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC, we're building a workplace where people of every background can excel. We've won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals.
SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 and 2019, and we have also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC's Disruptor 50 and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Our commitment to an inclusive workplace
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.
Learn more about our diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts here.