Who we are and what we do
SurveyMonkey (Nasdaq: SVMK), is a leader in agile software solutions for customer experience, market research, and survey feedback. Our platform empowers more than 20 million active users to analyze and act on feedback from employees, customers, website and app users, and market research respondents. SurveyMonkey's products, enterprise solutions, and integrations enable more than 345,000 organizations to deliver better customer experiences, increase employee retention , and unlock growth and innovation. Ultimately, SurveyMonkey's vision is to raise the bar for human experiences by amplifying individual voices.
More about our Brand Team
The SurveyMonkey Brand group is made up of creative and customer-centric collaborators who help our organization solve its toughest challenges. We're looking for marketers who share our values: you are curious, have bold ideas, and you love data.
What we're looking for
SurveyMonkey is looking for a Principal Content Strategist to create full-funnel content strategies for account-based marketing (ABM) of our market research solutions. You'll work with partners to conceptualize and build ABM content programs for 3 vertical industries: financial services (investment institutions), B2C (CPG), and B2B (SaaS tech). You'll report into our Content Marketing team within the Brand group, and partner with demand generation, product marketing, sales, web, paid marketing, design, and others. We have big ABM goals and we're looking for an experienced content marketing strategist to develop compelling content for ABM engagement and conversions.
You'll work with your demand generation partners and with the Principal Content Strategist responsible for top-of-funnel content, to develop and create content strategies for our vertical audiences. You'll do that by verticalizing and atomizing the supplied upper-funnel content for your specific audiences.
- Create vertical content and derivative assets from research-backed upper-funnel content and other brand content. The content you'll create will include vertical ads for ABM, vertical landing pages, and content for ABM campaigns (e.g. direct mailers, outreach through SurveyMonkey executive team, etc.)
- Help create the angle for ABM events (e.g. roundtables) and webinars, and create abstracts that align with our business story/campaign tie-in
- Craft presentation outlines/angles for these engagements
- Write content for third-party email spots and ad copy for placement in external media publications, targeted ads, and paid social
- Develop content assets and email copy for ABM email nurture streams
- Maintain an integrated editorial/campaign calendar across our 3 vertical markets
- 5-7 years of experience in a content role supporting demand generation campaigns, including 1 or more years supporting ABM programs
- An understanding of content marketing principles, especially the content journeys and formats that increase engagement and conversions
- A journalistic and customer-centric approach to content marketing
- The ability to understand our market research business goals for ABM and create supportive content journeys and experiences for our target audiences that engage, convert, and retain them
- The ability to report on the impact and performance of your efforts, learn from them and improve
- Familiarity and working knowledge of types of market research
- Familiarity with our 3 vertical markets (financial services, B2B tech, and B2C CPG), and experience creating content for at least 1 of the 3
- Comfortable with producing editorial copy and ad copy in equal measure
- Comfortable with design and layout as you'll flow copy and images into provided designed templates
What we offer our employees
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By advocating inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC, we're building a workplace where people of every background can excel. We've won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals.
SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 and 2019, and we have also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC's Disruptor 50 and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Our commitment to an inclusive workplace
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.
Learn more about our diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts here.