Who we are and what we do
SurveyMonkey (Nasdaq: SVMK), is a leader in agile software solutions for customer experience, market research, and survey feedback. Our platform empowers more than 20 million active users to analyze and act on feedback from employees, customers, website and app users, and market research respondents. SurveyMonkey's products, enterprise solutions, and integrations enable more than 345,000 organizations to deliver better customer experiences, increase employee retention , and unlock growth and innovation. Ultimately, SurveyMonkey's vision is to raise the bar for human experiences by amplifying individual voices.
What we're looking for
You are a hands-on technical leader with the right blend of data and systems architecture experience to lead SurveyMonkey's privacy-centric data programs. You will partner with the Legal, Security, Engineering, and Product teams. You are well versed and passionate about data compliance requirements. You will help establish data governance by evangelizing the data management reference architecture to support the ever-changing stringent data privacy requirements. You are excellent at influencing the engineering community by encouraging win-win relationships. This role will report to our Director of Database Engineering.
- Provide technical leadership for a global team of engineers supporting structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data (both in transit and in rest) that live on different platforms and entities to be compliant with each region's regulatory requirements
- Be a consultant to the engineering organization that ensures compliance in data quality, data lineage, metadata management to automate enrichment, policy automation, data provenance, and heritage, data sovereignty, retention requirements.
- Set up a framework for a powerful mapping solution across the various data persistency for all relevant compliant properties.
- Provide technical guidance that is privacy-centric, ethical, and transparent to strengthen our data compliance posture.
- Proactively engage the important partners such as the global privacy teams, Product, Security Engineering, and Application Engineering teams to meet the data compliance commitments towards GDPR, CCPA, HIPAA, PCI, SOX.
- 10+ years of hands-on experience working in a SasS company as an Enterprise Architect with a strong emphasis on data governance and compliance
- Minimum 5+ years of experience as a Data Architect, Data Engineer, or a similar role
- A Strong systems background in one of the Cloud environments
- Deep knowledge of methods and tools to accomplish data governance in a globally distributed environment
- Designed and architected scalable MDM and metadata architecture
- Good experience with threat modeling and privacy impact assessments
- An expert in data lifecycle management: data definition, data lineage, data quality, data cleansing, and retention.
- Can build partnerships with stakeholders to achieve shared goals
What we offer our employees
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC, we're building a workplace where people of every background can thrive. We've won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals.
SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 and 2019, and the company has also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC's Disruptor 50 and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Our commitment to an inclusive workplace
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.
Learn more about our diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts here.