Who we are and what we do
SurveyMonkey (Nasdaq: SVMK), is a leader in agile software solutions for customer experience, market research, and survey feedback. Our platform empowers more than 20 million active users to analyze and act on feedback from employees, customers, website and app users, and market research respondents. SurveyMonkey's products, enterprise solutions, and integrations enable more than 345,000 organizations to deliver better customer experiences, increase employee retention , and unlock growth and innovation. Ultimately, SurveyMonkey's vision is to raise the bar for human experiences by amplifying individual voices.
What we're looking for
SurveyMonkey is looking for a Senior Technical Program Manager with experience in both large and small scale companies. You'll work with teams including Product, Engineering, Design, Marketing, and Customer Support. You have experience working with executive leadership teams and partners across different teams. This role reports directly into our Sr. PMO Director.
- You will lead programs from abstract ideation through concepts and creating concrete execution plans; mange implementation processes include project status, metrics, change control, testing, and release
- You will work with teams to set milestones, communicate status, and identify/address potential setback
- Negotiate contending requirements across business owners and establish project direction with business leaders, delivery leads, and executive team
- Present crisp and complete status reports to support program steering to partners and to executive team
- Lead quarterly planning to ensure quarterly goals and business key results are met
- Assess operational processes to identify potential areas of conflict, and develop options to solve/improve
- You will lead internal process improvements within the PMO organization and across multiple teams
- 7+ years of technical project management experience of large-scale programs for SaaS-based products
- Experience facilitating planning and coordination efforts across Engineering, Product and Design teams to support schedules and planning, tracking, and communicating product delivery expectations
- Guide Steering Committee and XF team meetings to provide technical solutions while mitigating and removing obstacles
- Determine and refine the process while keeping things light and adaptable
- Adapt to evolving business needs and guide others through change
- Understanding of product and software development lifecycle; with an ability to adjust using agile methodologies
- You can translate goals into supporting system requirements
What we offer our employees
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC, we're building a workplace where people of every background can thrive. We've won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals.
SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 and 2019, and the company has also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC's Disruptor 50 and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Our commitment to an inclusive workplace
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.