Who we are and what we do
SurveyMonkey (Nasdaq: SVMK), is a leader in agile software solutions for customer experience, market research, and survey feedback. Our platform empowers more than 20 million active users to analyze and act on feedback from employees, customers, website and app users, and market research respondents. SurveyMonkey's products, enterprise solutions, and integrations enable more than 345,000 organizations to deliver better customer experiences, increase employee retention , and unlock growth and innovation. Ultimately, SurveyMonkey's vision is to raise the bar for human experiences by amplifying individual voices.
What we're looking for
Survey Monkey is looking for an engineering leader and architectural thinker to drive the next generation of our Core Experience Platforms. These platforms power the core surveymoney.com experience and drive the abilities of what we can do for our users. This is a new team as we enter the third phase of growth at Survey Monkey and will be essential to our ability to scale and reach our future goals. We're looking for someone passionate about leadership, engineering, and performance to set the stage for the next decade of Survey Monkey growth.
- Be an architectural voice and partner with core front-end teams to ensure our customers' needs are met while protecting the integrity of the platform, with an eye towards capability expansion and performance.
- Explore and deploy new technologies to guide ease of development, scalability, and performance gains for the platform.
- Build a team of 8+ engineers and set the strategy for scaling to 15+ over the next 18-24 months.
- Ensure the team has the tools and capabilities to provide operational excellence on the platform.
- Promote excellence in execution by streamlining agile processes, clarity in project definition, and making smart trade-offs between tech debt accumulation and pay off.
- Experience with architecture and systems design thinking.
- Deep technical experience building performant, domain-driven, REST APIs and services.
- Passionate about your profession, curious, and continuing to learn to drive excellence and innovation in software engineering and architecture
- A sense of platform ownership and customer service demonstrated through uptime, responsiveness, and positive action.
- A track record for making it happen - rapid and clean execution.
- Experience creating order and stability.
- Experience shaping and leading a lean organization, making strategic trade-offs that are in priority when needed.
- The ability to hire and grow a team of software engineers of all experience levels
- 8+ years of hands-on software engineering experience
- 6+ years of management experience
What we offer our employees
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By advocating inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC, we're building a workplace where people of every background can excel. We've won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals.
SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 and 2019, and we have also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC's Disruptor 50 and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Our commitment to an inclusive workplace
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.
Learn more about our diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts here.