Who we are and what we do
SurveyMonkey (Nasdaq: SVMK), is a leader in agile software solutions for customer experience, market research, and survey feedback. Our platform empowers more than 20 million active users to analyze and act on feedback from employees, customers, website and app users, and market research respondents. SurveyMonkey's products, enterprise solutions, and integrations enable more than 345,000 organizations to deliver better customer experiences, increase employee retention , and unlock growth and innovation. Ultimately, SurveyMonkey's vision is to raise the bar for human experiences by amplifying individual voices.
More about our Product Design and Research Team
Product Design and Research at SurveyMonkey is all about getting to the heart of customer needs while fulfilling our mission to power the curious. We're here to bring better design to the business world, and while we're at it we'd like to make our mark with stunning data visualizations, intuitive interfaces, and a commitment to empathizing with our users. We work in five offices across the globe (plus home offices for now), where we partner with our counterparts in Product Management, Marketing, and Engineering. If you believe that great design belongs everywhere and have the mettle to make it happen, let's talk!
What we're looking for
The Director of Product Design for Market Research Solutions leads design for the fastest growing business at SurveyMonkey. With deep roots in the Market Research industry, SurveyMonkey is uniquely positioned to completely change the competitive landscape through agile solutions and depth of insights. This Director reports to our VP of Product Design and Research, partners with the GM of Market Research Solutions, and manages an accomplished team of designers.
As a primary member of the Product Design and Research leadership team, you will be a central contributor to our overall product vision, strategy, and delivery: defining and promoting design craft, promoting a human-centered design process, and advocating for customers. You will be an inspirational leader, data enthusiast, collaborator, and excellent coach.
- Build a culture of collaborative excellence, both within our team and across the company.
- Focus our Product Design and teams on the customer and business problems with the biggest impact while being a tireless advocate for design craft and cohesive customer experience.
- Grow a team of accomplished product designers, helping us accelerate while staying a great place to work.
- Scale the team by communicating guiding principles, establishing "just enough" process, defining success metrics, contributing to the design system, and ensuring the team's health and success over the long term.
- Partner with the Brand Design team to bring the brand to life in the product.
- Experience leading Enterprise SaaS product design efforts, both as a lead designer and as a manager with more than 3 direct reports.
- 2+ years of people management experience.
- Passion for solving complex Enterprise product challenges with modern design solutions, with some experience designing in the data and analytics space.
- Have hired, mentored, and coached all levels of individual contributor designers.
- Experience orchestrating work between product design teams and within user-centered specializations including user research, content strategy, and design systems.
- Connected to the design community, staying on top of technology and trends, and contribute as a thought leader.
What we offer our employees
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By advocating inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC, we're building a workplace where people of every background can excel. We've won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals.
SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 and 2019, and we have also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC's Disruptor 50 and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Our commitment to an inclusive workplace
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.
Learn more about our diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts here.