Who we are and what we do
SurveyMonkey (Nasdaq: SVMK), is a leader in agile software solutions for customer experience, market research, and survey feedback. Our platform empowers more than 20 million active users to analyze and act on feedback from employees, customers, website and app users, and market research respondents. SurveyMonkey's products, enterprise solutions, and integrations enable more than 345,000 organizations to deliver better customer experiences, increase employee retention , and unlock growth and innovation. Ultimately, SurveyMonkey's vision is to raise the bar for human experiences by amplifying individual voices.
More about our Use Cases Team
Our Use Cases team builds outstanding market research expert solutions that help market researchers make data-driven decisions by combining built-in expert methodologies, an integrated panel, presentation-ready reports, and AI-Powered Insights.
Check out our market research solutions https://www.surveymonkey.com/market-research/solutions
What we're looking for
We are looking for an experienced backend Senior Software Engineer who has a passion for solving challenging problems and developing product features. We welcome your new ideas and fresh perspectives which can help grow our team, and our solutions both internally and with our customers. Your contributions will be important delivering versatile functionality to support our next phase of use case inspired solutions. The Use Cases team is focused on delivering purpose-built solutions in multiple markets, using and adapting SurveyMonkey's platform, and scaling development efforts as we expand our products. You will report to the Manager of Backend Development, Use Cases.
- Be an important player and mentor other engineers to promote best practices and logical designs
- Develop new features, including creating technical specs, writing testable code, and keeping tabs on post-release metrics
- Focus on code quality and writing reliable tests, to detect problems early
- Investigate and address issues with performance, scalability, and maintainability.
- Work with product owners and frontend team on features that impact backend services and frameworks
- Prioritize learning and identify opportunities to adopt new technologies
- Present and host knowledge sharing sessions, technical workshops, code walkthrough to spread the knowledge
- Have 8+ years of experience in web application development, with a focus on backend development. Our main BE language is Python.
- Experience with an object-oriented programming language such as Python or Java
- Experience with relational databases and ORMs such as SQLAlchemy
- Experience writing REST APIs
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience conducting code reviews and mentoring others
- Experience with systems and application design, including considering trade-offs of different designs
- Bachelor's in Computer Science or a related degree, or equivalent
You may have
- Experience deploying scalable software with Docker, Ansible, Kubernetes
- Experience with Cloud technologies such as AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Experience working with complex statistics or data science (or a Bachelor or Master's degree in quantitative field)
What we offer our employees
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By advocating inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC, we're building a workplace where people of every background can excel. We've won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals.
SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 and 2019, and we have also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC's Disruptor 50 and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Our commitment to an inclusive workplace
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.
Learn more about our diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts here.