Who we are and what we do
SurveyMonkey (Nasdaq: SVMK), is a leader in agile software solutions for customer experience, market research, and survey feedback. Our platform empowers more than 20 million active users to analyze and act on feedback from employees, customers, website and app users, and market research respondents. SurveyMonkey's products, enterprise solutions, and integrations help more than 345,000 organizations to achieve better customer experiences, increase employee retention, and unlock growth and new ideas. SurveyMonkey's vision is to improve human experiences by amplifying individual voices.
More about our Security Engineering Team
Our Security Engineering team is a small but extremely influential team whose mandate is to understand the entire SurveyMonkey application portfolio holistically, to help implement security content and solutions through active development, partnering with other development teams, and working with other partner teams throughout the organization.
What we're looking for
We are looking for a software developer who is passionate about security, and development of security software, all in the name of improving the Security of SurveyMonkey's products. You will contribute to SurveyMonkey's ongoing desire to expand our platform with enterprise-grade features in privacy, security and compliance. You will report to the Director of Security Engineering.
- Develop security content and capabilities directly and in partnership with other development teams to ensure development of security related content
- Promote a security-oriented development and testing culture within the development team through education and knowledge sharing
- Work with our Product and engineering teams to develop our security vision
- Provide both technical guidance to developers in adopting secure coding practices and a "shift left" mentality
- Contribute to projects to ensure completion and with a goal of providing contribution to software codebases managed and maintained throughout the engineering organization
- Prioritize learning and identify opportunities to adopt new technologies
- 4+ years of experience in web application development, with a focus on backend development
- Experience with an object-oriented programming language such as Python or Java
- Experience with web applications and web services-based applications, especially in a SaaS environment
- Working knowledge and past implementation experience in microservice architectures
- Experience writing REST APIs
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience conducting code reviews and mentoring others
- Bachelor's in Computer Science or a related degree, or equivalent
- Experience deploying scalable software with Docker, Ansible
- Experience with Cloud technologies, especially AWS
- Previous Security Software development experience or a curiosity to learn and development Security development skills
What we offer our employees
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By advocating inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC, we're building a workplace where people of every background can excel. We've won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals.
SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 and 2019, and we have also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC's Disruptor 50 and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Our commitment to an inclusive workplace
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.
Learn more about our diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts here.