Who we are and what we do
SurveyMonkey (Nasdaq: SVMK), is a leader in agile software solutions for customer experience, market research, and survey feedback. Our platform empowers more than 20 million active users to analyze and act on feedback from employees, customers, website and app users, and market research respondents. SurveyMonkey's products, enterprise solutions, and integrations enable more than 345,000 organizations to deliver better customer experiences, increase employee retention , and unlock growth and innovation. Ultimately, SurveyMonkey's vision is to raise the bar for human experiences by amplifying individual voices.
About the Team & Role
We sit on top of a mountain of data here at SurveyMonkey - behavioral, experimentation, transactional, and user level. Our Data Product Team needs an experienced analyst to cull through and help extract insights. The Product Data Analyst will focus on expanding our marketing solutions and increasing customer satisfaction. They will help point the team towards areas of opportunity and, as a result, directly influence Survey Monkey's growth and customer experience.
You will have a place at the product strategy table and will build data products to answer essential business questions. You will strategize to sense unmet data needs. You will use your expertise in quantitative analysis, data visualization and data-mining to tell the story behind the numbers and obtain relevant insights. Your work will directly improve SurveyMonkey's marketing programs by increasing acquisition and retention. You will analyze customer feedback to identify customer sentiment. The skills required are specialized, so experience in a marketing-focused customer insights role is desirable.
- Think from both the user's and business' point of view.
- Ask lots of questions and are eager to understand user behaviors and think about long-term trends.
- Identify trends and help take informed decisions based on data, generating valuable recommendations that help us build our programs further.
- Work with multiple teams to provide input towards short- term/long-term planning and prioritization.
- Can enhance and challenge with data.
- Build clear visualization to allow team members to self serve
- Communicate the results of complex analyses with both technical and non-technical audiences
- 3+ years of experience in quantitative analysis
- High degree of comfort using SQL
- Experience using common visualization tools (Tableau, Looker, PowerBI or similar)
- Familiarity with email marketing, lifetime value, attribution, upsell/ cross-sell programs and NPS programs
- Proficient in accessing cloud data warehouses (Snowflake, Redshift, Airflow, and proprietary equivalents)
- Familiarity with R or Python
- Degree in quantitative or computational field
What we offer our employees
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC, we're building a workplace where people of every background can thrive. We've won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals.
SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 and 2019, and we have also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC's Disruptor 50 and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Our commitment to an inclusive workplace
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.
Learn more about our diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts here.