Who we are and what we do
SurveyMonkey (Nasdaq: SVMK), is a leader in agile software solutions for customer experience, market research, and survey feedback. Our platform empowers more than 20 million active users to analyze and act on feedback from employees, customers, website and app users, and market research respondents. SurveyMonkey's products, enterprise solutions, and integrations enable more than 345,000 organizations to deliver better customer experiences, increase employee retention , and unlock growth and innovation. Ultimately, SurveyMonkey's vision is to raise the bar for human experiences by amplifying individual voices.
More about our Payments Engineering Team
The Payments Engineering team, based in Dublin, handles all payments for SurveyMonkey's self-service accounts worldwide. We are a small but agile team of engineers who work independently of, but closely with the Billing team in San Mateo.
This year SurveyMonkey are rebuilding our payments and billing system from the ground up to create a more flexible and scalable process to handle payments, and so, we are looking to add a Software Developer in Test to our team to allow us to increase the cadence and quality of our releases.
What we're looking for
You are passionate about quality and know that working with our developers as part of an agile team is the best way of achieving this. You know that automated testing is the best way to ensure quality in code, but that manual testing is also an important aspect of the QA process. You want to help raise the standard of testing throughout the engineering team in SurveyMonkey through peer review and continuous training.
- be involved in all stages of our agile software development process from planning through to deployment
- create the automation tests for our services
- report to the payments team manager but also engage with the wider QA team within SurveyMonkey to enhance our test automation frameworks
- manage the integration of automated and manual testing into our release process
- use Jira to report issues and verify their resolution through automated or manual testing
- A degree in Computing, Engineering or a related field
- ISTQB certification desirable
- Experience with case management tools like Test Rail and Jira
- Cross-browser testing experience
- Experience verifying RESTful API services through code-based testing
What we offer our employees
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC, we're building a workplace where people of every background can thrive. We've won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals.
SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 and 2019, and we have also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC's Disruptor 50 and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Our commitment to an inclusive workplace
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.
Learn more about our diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts here.