Who we are and what we do
SurveyMonkey (Nasdaq: SVMK), is a leader in agile software solutions for customer experience, market research, and survey feedback. Our mission is to power the curious and enable organizations, including 98% of the Fortune 500, to transform feedback into action. Our brand is beloved and well known throughout the world—over 6 billion people have taken a SurveyMonkey survey! Today, more than 17 million active users rely on our platform to measure and understand feedback from employees, customers, website and app users, and the market. And our enterprise-grade products and solutions enable 335,000+ organizations globally to solve daily challenges—from delivering better customer experiences to increasing employee retention.
More about our People team
Help us build. Help us be. Whether you're recruiting top talent or keeping our current team happy and healthy, you're an excellent communicator with a knack for cultivating relationships both within and outside the company. You’ll also play a key role in shaping and nurturing our strong company culture. If you're ready to help make our stellar company even better, apply today!
What we're looking for
We are looking for a curious, energetic and experienced Sr. People Partner to work collaboratively within our tech organization on People programs, policies and initiatives to drive a positive employee experience for our growing organization. In addition, in this role you will help execute and influence the success of our global programs that support business objectives, including executive onboarding, leadership training and engagement programs. This position is the primary strategic partner to senior leaders, managers and employees based in our San Mateo office.
- Partner with executives and managers to provide coaching around leading their organizations with a focus on organization design for scale, recognition and engagement strategies, building development plans for high potential talent, and proactive workforce planning.
- Take initiative to design, evangelize, present and implement (while collaborating with employees on approach) recommendations for new people initiatives to senior leadership and to the larger company.
- Assess and determine individual and organizational needs and requirements based on our current and future growth plans.
- Develop relationships with leaders and employees across the office to facilitate and promote an environment that attracts and retains diverse talent.
- Partner closely with executives and managers on performance management, compensation and promotion decisions, including being a key resource to leaders within the tech organization. Provide recommendations based on organization need, business objectives and compensation philosophy.
- Work collaboratively with internal recruiting teams to provide input on processes, policies and programs to meet the needs of the local market.
- Demonstrate understanding of business needs and trends to help drive the business forward.
- Support investigations for employee relations issues as needed.
- 5+ years of HR Business Partner and HR functional experience in a high growth environment.
- Proven experience driving change in a high growth and fast paced global environment.
- Ability to assess the needs of organizations and influence executives on necessary actions.
- Has a people centric and "roll up your sleeves and get it done" work style.
- Demonstrated competence in various HR functional areas: coaching, employee relations, compensation, performance management, and program management.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and discretion; maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to work cross-functionally at all levels.
- Ability to engage, inspire and influence people.
- A collaborative and result-oriented individual with good attention to detail, partner-first attitude and solutions driven mindset.
- Candidates should have working knowledge of Microsoft Office products to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook (email and calendar).
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience)
What we offer our employees
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC, we’re building a workplace where people of every background can thrive. We’ve won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals.
SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 and 2019, and the company has also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC’s Disruptor 50 and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Our commitment to an inclusive workplace
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.
Learn more about our diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts here.