Who we are and what we do
SurveyMonkey (Nasdaq: SVMK), is a leader in agile software solutions for customer experience, market research, and survey feedback. Our mission is to power the curious and enable organizations, including 98% of the Fortune 500, to transform feedback into action. Our brand is beloved and well known throughout the world—over 6 billion people have taken a SurveyMonkey survey! Today, more than 17 million active users rely on our platform to measure and understand feedback from employees, customers, website and app users, and the market. And our enterprise-grade products and solutions enable 335,000+ organizations globally to solve daily challenges—from delivering better customer experiences to increasing employee retention.
More about our GetFeedback Platform Engineering Team
Platform Engineering is composed of System Engineers, Software Engineers in Test and Backend Engineers. The team provides architecture, guidance, and the frameworks upon which the GetFeedback feature teams build their services. This accelerates development and increases the stability of our product platform in the Customer Experience (CX) space.
We value diversity, responsiveness to customers, technical scalability, and the craft of writing software. If you would like to join an inspired and collaborative team we would like to speak with you. You will report to an Engineering Manager of the GetFeedback Platform.
What we're looking for
As a Staff Software Engineer, you will be challenged to put your architectural ideas to practice, working as part of agile teams consisting of over 40 engineers who love to experiment, learn new things and share knowledge. Help us build our feedback solution that allows our client companies to become more customer-centric. We’re looking for someone who values collaboration and has a desire to lead -- an important part of this role.
- Lead technical efforts to integrate systems and build system-wide features.
- Partner with application developers and architects to ensure our services are built for scale and performance.
- Develop monitoring solutions on top of existing observability platforms.
- Refine the development, build and deployment processes on top of our infrastructure.
- Work with the engineering teams to architect and build our platform services to simplify real-time troubleshooting and operational response to incidents and outages.
- Participate in code reviews and team discussions about software development standards
- 12+ years of professional experience with Ruby on Rails or similar development frameworks. (Java, PhP, Apache Kafka, React, and GraphQL are nice to have!)
- A desire to improve the services and customer experiences of the platforms you support.
- Experience provisioning, deploying and maintaining corporate multi-environment applications using tools such as Terraform, Helm, GitLab, and CircleCI on AWS or Heroku.
- Built and operated fault-tolerant multi-service web applications that can scale.
- Experience with agile, test-driven development, builds, and frequent deployments.
- Fostered a culture of code reviews, writing tech specs, and working with peers.
- Experience with systems and application design, including the operational trade-offs of different designs.
- Mentored accomplished engineers ranging from junior to senior levels of experience.
What we offer our employees
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC, we’re building a workplace where people of every background can thrive. We’ve won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals.
SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 and 2019, and the company has also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC’s Disruptor 50 and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Our commitment to an inclusive workplace
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.
Learn more about our diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts here.