Who we are and what we do
SurveyMonkey (Nasdaq: SVMK), is a leader in agile software solutions for customer experience, market research, and survey feedback. Our mission is to power the curious and enable organizations, including 98% of the Fortune 500, to transform feedback into action. Our brand is beloved and well known throughout the world—over 6 billion people have taken a SurveyMonkey survey! Today, more than 17 million active users rely on our platform to measure and understand feedback from employees, customers, website and app users, and the market. And our enterprise-grade products and solutions enable 335,000+ organizations globally to solve daily challenges—from delivering better customer experiences to increasing employee retention.
More about our Use Cases Team
Our Use Cases team builds outstanding Market Research expert solutions that help market researchers make data driven decisions in a timely manner by combining built-in expert methodologies, an integrated panel, presentation-ready reports, and AI-Powered Insights.
Checkout our market research solutions https://www.surveymonkey.com/market-research/solutions
What we're looking for
We are looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer in Test to join our Use Cases team. This job is the perfect match if you are someone with passion for solving complex problems and have solid experience testing customer facing products.
- Develop test strategies for new features and deliver them to production.
- Create automation tests that are scalable for our enterprise platform.
- Work with Developers, Designers and Product Managers to deliver high-quality features.
- Implement manual and automated tests according to the test plans.
- Investigate production issues and perform root cause analysis.
- Determine metrics to communicate the product quality to your team.
- Support other types of quality targets, such as performance, load, security and stress testing.
- Contribute to SurveyMonkey quality north star by defining architecture and automation code guidelines, building internal tooling, refining our quality processes, tracking and reporting on metrics that matter and finding creative ways to test our application.
- Report directly to the engineering manager and provide QA updates during sprint retro meetings.
- 8+ years of experience testing scalable web application and services
- 4+ years of professional software automation testing experience
- Experience with HTTP and rest APIs tooling like (postman, insomnia, GQL playground, curl commands), and have solid experience testing web applications
- Experience with QA methodologies and processes
- Experience working in an Agile environment
Nice to have
- Experience with GraphQL, React, NodeJS.
- Experience with testing in a high availability CI / CD environment (Jenkins, Docker, Ansible, TeamCity).
- Familiarity with monitoring tools like Splunk, New Relic and bugsnag.
- Experience with testing in multi-region data centers and distributed service-oriented architecture running on AWS.
What we offer our employees
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC, we’re building a workplace where people of every background can excel. We’ve won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals.
SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 and 2019, and the company has also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC’s Disruptor 50 and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Our commitment to an inclusive workplace
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.
Learn more about our diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts here.