Who we are and what we do
SurveyMonkey (Nasdaq: SVMK), is a leader in agile software solutions for customer experience, market research, and survey feedback. Our mission is to power the curious and enable organizations, including 98% of the Fortune 500, to transform feedback into action. Our brand is beloved and well known throughout the world—over 6 billion people have taken a SurveyMonkey survey! Today, more than 17 million active users rely on our platform to measure and understand feedback from employees, customers, website and app users, and the market. And our enterprise-grade products and solutions enable 335,000+ organizations globally to solve daily challenges—from delivering better customer experiences to increasing employee retention.
More about our Platform Team
The team takes care of many architecture components, that our feature teams use in a self-service manner to improve development experience and the product itself. The team is composed of System Engineers, Software Engineers in Test and Back-end Engineers.
As a manager you’ll lead a team which works with Asynchronous Microservices, Kafka and its ecosystem (including Kafka Connect and Kafka Streams), Debezium with Outbox pattern, while deploying it with advanced Kubernetes resources to empower the platform architecture, and with a lot of distributed computing fun!
- Ensure the Platform team is succeeding!
- Be an example as a contributing engineer. Spend the majority of your time being a technical leader, designing systems, writing code, reviewing code, investigating or debugging issues, and helping others do the same.
- Drive projects and features across the team to succeed. The team needs leadership to do this, for example: understand expectations and share them with the team, unblock the team and individuals, seek creative technical solutions to challenges, and make sure that all the pieces come together to complete the big-picture goal.
- Help the team become the best engineering team it can be.: match people to roles and challenges on the team, assess and prioritize work, hold the team and its individual engineers accountable, help the engineers grow by partnering in their careers, and work with other engineering leaders, the team’s Product Manager and Designer.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, related degree or equivalent practical experience
- At least 4 years of technical leadership and people management experience
- 10 years of relevant technical experience, hands-on programming experience in some of the following: Java, PHP, Ruby, Kafka, Docker, PostgreSQL, and Linux
- Experience building and running software as cloud native, especially with AWS or Heroku
- Experience designing systems, playing as an architect
What we offer our employees
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC, we’re building a workplace where people of every background can thrive. We’ve won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals.
SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 and 2019, and the company has also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC’s Disruptor 50 and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Our commitment to an inclusive workplace
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.
Learn more about our diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts here.