Who we are and what we do
SurveyMonkey (Nasdaq: SVMK), is a leader in agile software solutions for customer experience, market research, and survey feedback. Our mission is to power the curious and enable organizations, including 98% of the Fortune 500, to transform feedback into action. Our brand is beloved and well known throughout the world—over 6 billion people have taken a SurveyMonkey survey! Today, more than 17 million active users rely on our platform to measure and understand feedback from employees, customers, website and app users, and the market. And our enterprise-grade products and solutions enable 335,000+ organizations globally to solve daily challenges—from delivering better customer experiences to increasing employee retention.
More about our [Revenue Accounting] Team
SurveyMonkey is looking for a revenue accounting professional to join our international HQ in Dublin, Ireland as Revenue Manager. This is a new role created to support our US and international sales growth. You will partner with Legal, Sales Leadership and Sales Ops in reviewing revenue contracts and ensuring we are recording our revenue in compliance with ASC 606 and IFRS 15. This will be a highly visible position as we grow our revenue footprint outside of US. You will report to US-based Revenue leadership.
What we're looking for
We ask that you have relevant experience partnering with Legal, Sales, Sales Ops in addition to revenue accounting knowledge.
- Be the subject-matter-expert on ASC 606 and IFRS15 for international Finance, Sales and Legal team
- Review and approve revenue contracts, especially non-standard terms and assess the impact to revenue recognition and revenue reporting
- Provide advice to Sales and Legal on the revenue impact on a deal and suggest alternatives, where necessary
- Directly involved in Customer calls and deal negotiation
- Conduct revenue recognition training for non-finance business partners
- Partner with Accounts Receivable, Billings and Collections team in reviewing contracts, follow-up on open items and other ad hoc tasks
- Assess revenue implication on new products & services roll out, marketing and promotional offers
- Prepare deal write-ups on complex contracts for review & audit
- Uphold SOX controls over customer contracting process
- Involve in ad hoc revenue related projects and financial audit
- Work with senior finance leadership to build and develop international revenue function in Dublin
- Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CPA/CA or equivalent)
- Ideally 10+ years of revenue accounting experience with relevant responsibilities
- Experience working within a publicly traded US multinational SaaS companies
- Experience working with Sales, Legal, Sales Ops and Accounting
- Experience with financial audit and SEC filing cycles
- Experience in subscription and usage-based business model is preferred
- Big 4 public accounting firm experience is a plus
- Experience in Salesforce, Zuora, RevPro and NetSuite is a plus
What we offer our employees
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC, we’re building a workplace where people of every background can thrive. We’ve won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals.
SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 and 2019, and we have also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC’s Disruptor 50 and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Our commitment to an inclusive workplace
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.
Learn more about our diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts here.