Who we are and what we do
SurveyMonkey (Nasdaq: SVMK), is a leader in agile software solutions for customer experience, market research, and survey feedback. Our mission is to power the curious and enable organizations, including 98% of the Fortune 500, to transform feedback into action. Our brand is beloved and well known throughout the world—over 6 billion people have taken a SurveyMonkey survey! Today, more than 17 million active users rely on our platform to measure and understand feedback from employees, customers, website and app users, and the market. And our enterprise-grade products and solutions enable 335,000+ organizations globally to solve daily challenges—from delivering better customer experiences to increasing employee retention.
More about our Creative team
We have incredible in-house talent with expertise in animation, illustration, motion graphics, visual design, and video production. Our creative work fuels our brand campaigns and digital experiences, paid marketing and demand gen campaigns, marketing website experiences, virtual events, and product marketing launches. You have experience creating visually engaging full-funnel campaigns that increase brand awareness, improve conversions, and create loyal customers. You are energized by creating purpose-driven brands and visual design languages from the ground up. You are also creatively fueled by the challenge of evolving and refreshing brands with rich heritage.
You work well with others, build and invest in relationships, and know how to seek and incorporate feedback while explaining creative visions and decisions to individual contributors and our executives alike. We are excited by smart, curious and opinionated individuals who can develop points of view—and have the patience and empathy required to lead in “the new normal” and bring folks along on the creative journey.
What we’re looking for
Our culture is unique, so check your ego at the door. You are an inspiring creative with a passion for purpose-driven, user-centric design, and you have a commitment to mentoring a creative team and visual designers to reach new heights. You believe and show others that excellent creative tells a great story and helps achieve our results—beautiful design is just one piece of the puzzle. Experience in user-centric design for mobile and digital experiences across channels is important to your success.
You will manage our in-house team of visual designers, and inspire our entire Brand creative team to push our curiosity and creativity into new realms. You stay on top of creative design and brand trends, and love coaching the team to improve their skills and inspire them to do the best work of their lives. You will also look for ways to grow our talent and influence by improving on our creative operations, and finding ways to support the team through alternative talent solutions (e.g. freelancers, Upwork, agency partners).
- Report to the VP, Brand Marketing and manage the Brand Design team
- Inspire the team to create excellent, award-worthy work that lines up with our strategy and goals
- Provide feedback to the entire internal creative team (across visual design, video and motion graphics) responsible for producing high-quality digital assets across the web, paid and growth marketing, content marketing and demand gen programs
- Plan for hiring and resourcing needs to grow our in-house team through freelance or agency support
- Protect the integrity of all brands in the SurveyMonkey portfolio, but know that every great brand must evolve
- Lead the team to explore creatively, set trends, and push boundaries to ensure we remain top of mind in our core pillars: Surveys, Market Research, Customer Experience (CX)
- Envision and implement a cohesive visual style and brand design language for all brand experiences, working with the VP of Brand and Creative Director, Brand Strategy
- Partner with our growth team and paid media agencies to discuss creative effectiveness, experimentation results, and lead the team to iterate and improve based on data
- Work with our partners in Marketing, Product Design, and Content Engineering to determine and align our creative work with our company-wide plans
- Oversee the prioritization and assignment of all creative requests, and partner with the Brand Operations Manager to establish processes to keep the team happy, creatively inspired, and focused on company priorities.
- Help onboard and guide the work of creative agencies and freelancers according to budgets, timelines, and scope
- 10+ years of experience as a Creative at a top brand or agency, with 5+ years experience managing high-volume, motivated creative teams (in-house or creative agency)
- A visually compelling portfolio of inspiring creative for B2B and consumer brands across multiple formats and channels
- Excellent coaching abilities, and experience attracting and developing top-tier creative talent
- Experience developing and evolving brand and marketing design systems, visual languages, and brand identities
- Expertise in applying best practices for growth marketing and digital ads to our brand goals and personality
- Experience coordinating and directing the work of other designers and creative talent
- Practice when presenting creative ideas to the team, partners and executives
- A life-long passion for learning, with a curiosity and passion for culture, art, design, brands, and technology
- Use the tools of the trade to design, share feedback, and ensure work is on track (e.g. Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, InVision, AfterEffects, Cinema 4D, plus Asana, Jira, and Slack)
- Degree in Graphic Design, Visual Design or related field
Note: Only applications submitted with a portfolio will be considered
What we offer our employees
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC, we’re building a workplace where people of every background can thrive. We’ve won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals.
SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 and 2019, and we have also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC’s Disruptor 50 and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Our commitment to an inclusive workplace
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.
Learn more about our diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts here.