Who we are and what we do
SurveyMonkey (Nasdaq: SVMK), is a leader in agile software solutions for customer experience, market research, and survey feedback. Our mission is to power the curious and enable organizations, including 98% of the Fortune 500, to transform feedback into action. Our brand is beloved and well known throughout the world—over 6 billion people have taken a SurveyMonkey survey! Today, more than 17 million active users rely on our platform to measure and understand feedback from employees, customers, website and app users, and the market. And our enterprise-grade products and solutions enable 335,000+ organizations globally to solve daily challenges—from delivering better customer experiences to increasing employee retention.
More about our Notifications Team
One of the most popular ways for our customers to distribute their surveys is by email. SurveyMonkey sends over 1 billion email messages per year, and our Notifications Platform team manages the services and APIs which make that possible. We don't just do emails, though! True to our name, we also provide comprehensive push notification services to our mobile clients. In the future the Notifications Platform team is expanding to provide email, in-product, and mobile push notifications to the entire SurveyMonkey suite of products.
What we're looking for
Reporting to the Senior Engineering Manager of the User Team, the Software Engineering Manager will lead our Notifications Team as part of the Platform Engineering Group. You are an established engineer who is ready for the challenge of leading a small team of engineers. You are not always the expert; you know how to get everyone involved and make room for others to contribute in big ways.
- Lead a team of 3-5 engineers
- Foster growth for team members
- Design, operate, and scale essential services
- Manage all aspects of project roadmaps, resource allocation, and execution
- Build new features to support our customers and internal clients, including creating tech specs, writing code, and keeping tabs on post-release metrics
- Work with other engineering leads and teams in Product, Marketing, and Design
- 2+ years experience leading an engineering team
- 7+ years of software development experience
- In-depth, hands-on knowledge of Python
- Experience writing efficient SQL queries, and designing schemas for relational databases
- Experience with distributed systems and backend service development
- Experience working with vendors, e.g. Sparkpost, and Twilio
- Bachelor's in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent in relevant work experience
What we offer our employees
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC, we’re building a workplace where people of every background can thrive. We’ve won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals.
SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 and 2019, and we have also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC’s Disruptor 50 and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Our commitment to an inclusive workplace
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.
Learn more about our diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts here.