Who we are and what we do
SurveyMonkey (Nasdaq: SVMK), is a leader in agile software solutions for customer experience, market research, and survey feedback. Our mission is to power the curious and enable organizations, including 98% of the Fortune 500, to transform feedback into action. Our brand is beloved and well known throughout the world—over 6 billion people have taken a SurveyMonkey survey! Today, more than 17 million active users rely on our platform to measure and understand feedback from employees, customers, website and app users, and the market. And our enterprise-grade products and solutions enable 335,000+ organizations globally to solve daily challenges—from delivering better customer experiences to increasing employee retention.
What we’re looking for
You are an experienced Localization professional, well versed in setting up processes and understanding the latest localization technologies, with expertise in language quality, process improvement, and vendor management. You will lead and coordinate work across the SurveyMonkey portfolio and help to ensure positive relationships, input to solutions, and execution to meet our goals. Through analytics and business insight you will evaluate opportunities while balancing priorities. As the Localization leader, you and your team will continue to improve the quality of SurveyMonkey localization and expand localization scope to new countries and languages across our portfolio.
You will also champion process changes to improve team efficiency and localization quality. You are passionate about localization and inspired by improving the SurveyMonkey experience for non-English speaking customers. You will report to our Sr. Director of our PMO org.
- Lead, develop, mentor and inspire a team of Localization program managers
- Build and lead a high performing team ensuring a strong culture of trust and collaboration
- Forecast and provide both strategic analysis and process improvement relating to working with vendors
- Build and communicate a localization roadmap for the team by setting goals
- Establish and guide the localization strategy to support localization vision across multiple products including software, websites, email content, marketing material, multimedia, and sales collateral; Prioritize and direct strategies to support all of our goals
- Engage and build relationships with partners and business groups (across product, engineering, marketing, sales) to advise on best practices and launch successful localized products
- Evaluate existing workflows and technology solutions, anticipate requirements, and identify improvement areas; Develop and implement optimization strategies sharing out KPIs
- Manage localization budget, from planning and forecasting through final invoicing; use data to evaluate efficiency of cost, timelines and quality
- Define and build reporting frameworks and Indicators that can effectively track and maintain a data informed perspective at the project, program, and portfolio level
- Help build and execute localization efforts across the portfolio by working with localization managers, LQAs, vendors, and different departments
- Guide teams to ensure internationalization best practices/standard methodologies are followed to minimize downstream issues and decrease cost and time to market
- Provide up-to-date visibility and communication for large projects, and progress for team goals
- 5+ years management experience in large, multiple organizations; Experience managing and growing a localization team
- 10+ years professional related work and hands-on localization program management working on language launches, content, and program operations
- Analytical approach to work and product mindset to help team establish metrics for success
- Excellent people management skills, great cross-functional collaborator, passionate, motivated and can drive from strategy to execution while bringing others along
- Communicate and influence executives, technical and business teams in a cross functional environment
- Proven ability to improve localization strategy, while diving deep into tactical details to accomplish tasks
- Experience working across time zones and cultures
- Annual budget management skills/experience
- Experienced in production or program management at senior levels
- Familiarity with Content Management Systems (CMS), document management systems and software repository and build systems
- Solid in-depth knowledge of internationalization and localization
- Experience with translation technologies: translation memories, TMS, machine translation
- Experience with localization processes and technologies such as TM recycling, terminology management, machine translation, etc.
- Experience working in Agile development environments
- BA or BS in engineering, applied linguistics, computer science or equivalent experience
What we offer our employees
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC, we’re building a workplace where people of every background can thrive. We’ve won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals.
SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 and 2019, and the company has also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC’s Disruptor 50 and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Our commitment to an inclusive workplace
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.
Learn more about our diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts here.