Who we are and what we do
SurveyMonkey (Nasdaq: SVMK), is a leader in agile software solutions for customer experience, market research, and survey feedback. Our mission is to power the curious and enable organizations, including 98% of the Fortune 500, to transform feedback into action. Our brand is beloved and well known throughout the world—over 6 billion people have taken a SurveyMonkey survey! Today, more than 17 million active users rely on our platform to measure and understand feedback from employees, customers, website and app users, and the market. And our enterprise-grade products and solutions enable 335,000+ organizations globally to solve daily challenges—from delivering better customer experiences to increasing employee retention.
More about our Product Growth Design team
You will join the team in our San Mateo office in a crucial role in the Product – Engineering – Design triad and will help build an essential company strategy to improve Retention. If this describes you then join our amazing San Mateo team to enrich and deepen relationships with our customers around the world. You will report to the Senior Director, Product Design.
What we’re looking for
We’re looking for a Senior Product Designer who is curious about customers and passionate about data-driven design. Our belief is success depends on getting people to experience the value of our product as quickly and frequently as possible. Your resourcefulness and creative efficiency will help you navigate through uncertainty. You also stop at nothing to create beautiful, elegant solutions based on your clearly defined concepts. We are looking for someone with an appetite for validating ideas by running research and interpreting quantitative & qualitative data for each project. You are practiced at testing designs in small chunks to uncover insights and validate hypotheses at high speed – this ability will be an essential component to your success.
- Show expertise in selecting methods and techniques, based on your user-centric approach and business savviness
- Know how to build relationships with peers and partners, with practiced ability to promote agreement across teams
- Enjoy being hands-on with interaction design, visual design, prototyping and customer research – taking problems from concept to implementation, quickly and iteratively
- Bring a refined set of design skills to work every day, allowing you to jump in on whatever task the team needs to promote growth with speed and thoughtfulness
- Appreciate feedback – you will give it, receive it, seek it out through facilitation of critiques and retrospectives
- Obsess over details – UI consistency, micro-interactions, even project plans
- Care about the impact of the products you design, not just the outcome
- Be data-driven – whether it’s analyzing qualitative data to uncover insights or creating variations of a design for A/B testing - you balance user-centricity with an understanding of the data and business goal
- Value communication, organization and thoughtful rationale in design decisions
- Empower and inspire your teammates by sharing expertise through hands-on partnership
- 5+ years of experience (experience on a Growth team an asset)
- Work thoughtfully across the product design life cycle, with experience guiding and leading groups of designers or cross-functional teams, including Product Management, Engineering, Data Analysts, Marketing, User Research, Content Strategy and Localization
- The ability to form points of view balancing business metrics, and the user’s experience
- Experienced at creating a cohesive cross-product experiences, both consuming and contributing to a centralized design system
- Define and clearly articulate design criteria, and tell a clear thoughtful experience story through your design solutions
- Tailor your design process to the situation, anticipate obstacles to chart a course forward
- Cleanly and quickly produce quality design concepts based on qualitative and quantitative feedback
- Experienced with Sketch, Invision, Creative Suite, and knowledgeable about HTML, CSS. You can adopt new tools, designs and technology into your work and teach them to others.
- BA/BS/BFA or equivalent industry experience
- Portfolio showcasing examples of design work. (Growth related preferred)
What we offer our employees
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC, we’re building a workplace where people of every background can thrive. We’ve won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals.
SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 and 2019, and the company has also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC’s Disruptor 50 and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Our commitment to an inclusive workplace
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.
Learn more about our diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts here.