Who we are and what we do
SurveyMonkey (Nasdaq: SVMK), is a leader in agile software solutions for customer experience, market research, and survey feedback. Our mission is to power the curious and enable organizations, including 98% of the Fortune 500, to transform feedback into action. Our brand is beloved and well known throughout the world—over 6 billion people have taken a SurveyMonkey survey! Today, more than 17 million active users rely on our platform to measure and understand feedback from employees, customers, website and app users, and the market. And our enterprise-grade products and solutions enable 335,000+ organizations globally to solve daily challenges—from delivering better customer experiences to increasing employee retention.
What we're looking for
In this newly created role, the VP of Digital Sales Development will build a new team within SurveyMonkey's Sales Organization focused on capturing small business revenue and qualifying inbound leads. Reporting to our Chief Sales Officer, you will design our global strategy for Digital Sales while also working in close collaboration with our Demand Generation and Growth teams to influence our broader lead generation and eCommerce strategies.
You will draw on your domain expertise to design SurveyMonkey’s Digital Sales organization observing best practices and our global workforce strategies. You will build a globally distributed, remote-first team of experienced Digital Sales leaders while also working to hire and mentor a team of Sales Development Representatives (SDRs) toward achieving their professional growth and sales goals.
You will establish and exceed revenue quotas for the Digital Sales team while integrating and building our Digital Sales model internationally. You will be a coach and a mentor, set the tone and work toward results. You will cultivate a team culture in consideration of SurveyMonkey’s core values with a focus on performance, impact, and teamwork.
- Design and build an outstanding digital sales team focused on capturing small business revenue.
- Lead a globally distributed team of SDRs responsible for qualifying leads and directing them toward the appropriate sales teams.
- Manage a high-growth organization and set sales strategies and programs to achieve revenue goals inclusive of determining the indicators by which success will be measured.
- Provide leadership and oversight for the Digital Sales team, including mentoring and development to achieve quota attainment and promote professional development.
- Partner with the Demand Generation team to optimize the inbound lead flow and direct pipeline to the appropriate sales teams.
- Partner with our Growth team to increase revenue for SurveyMonkey’s eCommerce business.
- Collaborate with peers in Marketing, Product, and Sales Ops to understand and implement programs that increase pipeline and bookings, improve the effectiveness and productivity of your team, and differentiate our solutions.
- Provide regular, data-based updates to the sales leadership team and executive partners regarding progress against quota attainment, team performance, and any challenges or roadblocks that you encounter along the way.
- Provide strategic guidance and insight about market trends, customer attitudes, and effectiveness of sales strategies.
- 10+ years' sales leadership experience at the executive level, leading a 40+ person organization of SDRs
- Domain expertise in SaaS.
- People management skills and a desire to set the tone and culture of our growing sales team.
- Experience building a go to market strategy and sales plan, establishing a new sales motion, and building a culture of operational excellence.
- Experience using a CRM to manage the business, including team sales tasks, pipeline, and closing data.
What we offer our employees
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC, we’re building a workplace where people of every background can thrive. We’ve won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals.
SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 and 2019, and the company has also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC’s Disruptor 50 and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Our commitment to an inclusive workplace
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.
Learn more about our diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts here.