Who we are and what we do
SurveyMonkey (Nasdaq: SVMK), is a leader in agile software solutions for customer experience, market research, and survey feedback. Our mission is to power the curious and enable organizations, including 98% of the Fortune 500, to transform feedback into action. Our brand is beloved and well known throughout the world—over 6 billion people have taken a SurveyMonkey survey! Today, more than 17 million active users rely on our platform to measure and understand feedback from employees, customers, website and app users, and the market. And our enterprise-grade products and solutions enable 335,000+ organizations globally to solve daily challenges—from delivering better customer experiences to increasing employee retention.
More about our Security team
Does SurveyMonkey speak to you? Do you want to build and manage a security operations center in a fast-paced, distributed environment? Do you want to have an impact today, tomorrow, and for years to come? Then you’re probably just who we need to help us implement, operate, and improve interesting, secure, and scalable solutions. We’re a friendly bunch looking for a teammate to learn and grow with. If you're looking to be an integral part of our security and brand protection, let's chat!
The Security Operations Center (SOC) is responsible for providing continuous monitoring and interrogation of correlated security event feeds and providing the appropriate triage and escalation in case of a security incident. The SOC works together with the Security Incident Response team on resolving incidents and remediating threats across the corporate environment and the portfolio of SurveyMonkey products
This role is hands-on, carrying the responsibility of running the day-to-day security operations task and management of SOC and SIEM. This also includes developing and delivering security performance and operational metrics.
The ideal candidate will maintain and enhance a consistent and reliable operational security environment and take a proactive security monitoring approach. The candidate must be a highly skilled and technical individual who is able to lead and manage a technical team, collaborate cross-functionally to remediate security challenges and has the ability to adapt in a dynamic security landscape.
What we're looking for
- Lead and manage our SOC team, which involves hiring, developing & retaining personnel, workload assignments and process development
- Responsible for security event monitoring, management and response, workflows and tasks
- Identify opportunities to improve security monitoring and operational tasks by developing measurement capabilities and metrics to track and communicate performance, coverage and risk
- Evaluate existing SIEM rules, filters, events and use cases and adapt them to meet the business requirements
- Lead the maturity of the SOC; drive integration of new log sources, tools and services
- Create, maintain and manage a library of automated playbooks to address new threats and tactics employed by attacker
- Ensure compliance to SLA, process adherence and process improvisation to achieve operational objectives
- Build and maintain tools to proactively monitor and respond to emerging threats
- Assist the Security Incident Response Program with related matters resulting from security investigations
- Participate in key security initiatives as the Subject Matter Expert to ensure alignment with strategies and roadmap
- Develop standard operating procedures and other appropriate documentation to enforce quality and consistency of SOC services being delivered
- Establish key performance indicator (KPI) metrics; track and report on performance; provide reporting to senior management on operations performance and status of initiatives
- Support ongoing security compliance, audit, and certification programs (e.g., PCI, HIPAA, SOC2)
- Solid understanding of data flow, data formatting/normalization, logging best practices and data forwarding between various security platforms
- Experience with SOC, NOC, Threat Intelligence and/or Managed Security Service
- 5+ years of security operations experience
- Demonstrated skill in identifying exploits and vulnerabilities and providing remediation efforts in network and server environments
- Knowledge of emerging threats and ability to stay abreast of developing threats and cyber vulnerabilities
- Knowledge of TCP/IP Protocols, network analysis, and network/security applications
- Understanding of security within a public cloud environment (e.g., AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Ability to problem-solve and work with others to find the best solution
- Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Ability to convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences in various modes
- Able to operate effectively, even when things are not certain or the way forward is not clear
Nice to have
- Application security knowledge
- Experience with programming
- Red/Blue team experience
- Security certifications (e.g., CISSP, Security+, CEH, GIAC)
What we offer our employees
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC, we’re building a workplace where people of every background can thrive. We’ve won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals.
SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 and 2019, and the company has also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC’s Disruptor 50 and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Our commitment to an inclusive workplace
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.
Learn more about our diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts here.