SurveyMonkey (NASDAQ: SVMK) is a leading global survey software company on a mission to power the curious. The company’s People Powered Data platform empowers over 17 million active users to measure and understand feedback from employees, customers, website and app users, and the market. SurveyMonkey’s products, enterprise solutions and integrations enable 350,000+ organizations to solve daily challenges, from delivering better customer experiences to increasing employee retention. With SurveyMonkey, organizations around the world can transform feedback into business intelligence that drives growth and innovation.
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture, we are building a workplace for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC where people of every background can thrive. We’ve won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals. SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 and 2019, and the company has also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC’s Disruptor 50 and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Over the past two years we’ve become a public company and expanded our platform with enterprise-grade features in privacy, security and compliance, putting SurveyMonkey on the path to rapidly expand our presence within the Fortune 500. We have ambitious goals to grow our international footprint as well, and every member of our troop plays a critical role in driving this growth and transformation. It’s an incredible time to join the company and be a part of our next chapter!
SurveyMonkey is seeking a Software Engineer III to join our Design System team. Our Design System, Wrench, provides the resources necessary to design and build products to look and feel just like the rest of SurveyMonkey. Wrench is run like an internal open source project that is curated and managed by the design system team but contributed to by all. In collaboration with our design teams, this combination of tooling, components, and guidelines empower everyone at SurveyMonkey to create consistent, exceptionally high quality product experiences at a fast pace.
The Design System team drives the development and adoption of the Wrench Design System. As a product built for products, the team develops the tools and components that make our unified design language possible. We are constantly working with other teams throughout SurveyMonkey to evangelize and coordinate design system adoption across our company, customers, and beyond.
What you will do:
- Collaborate with designers, researchers, and product managers to translate design concepts into innovative UI/UX solutions with the right mix of design, technology and strategy
- Own technical aspects of our systems architecture and development
- Develop new features and functionality that will support designers and engineers
- Build an extensive component and pattern library, documentation and reference examples to help others get started
- Develop deep understanding of tie-ins with other systems and platforms
- Write code and unit tests, work on API specs, automation, and conduct code reviews and testing
- Identify opportunities to adopt innovative technologies
- Maintain the design system and push the initiative forward alongside other developers, designers, and product managers
- Partner with development teams and help on-board other engineers to the Design System
Who you are:
- Thrive on learning new technologies and want to build something that will be used by many
- Experience with CSS-in-JS solutions or the desire to learn
- Strong command of web standards, semantic HTML, accessibility and cross-browser compatibility
- Experience with designing and developing cross-application design patterns
- Passionate about helping designers and engineers collaborate better, together
- Strong communication skills to collaborate closely with peers, and must value a culture of code reviews and writing tech specs (not a solo hacker)
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent
Good to have:
- Experience with Sketch, Figma, Invision Studio, or Framer X
- Experienced in implementing and maintaining a design system at scale
- Experience in building and managing open source projects
Benefits and Perks:
- We offer competitive salaries , equity compensation, RRSP, PTO
- We provide competitive health, dental, vision and life insurance for employees and their families.
- Looking for ways to prioritize health? Enjoy free fresh food, commuter subsidies, and well-being programs.
- We support your career development with online learning subscriptions, workshops, and expenses–paid conferences every year.
- We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer
- Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities