SurveyMonkey (NASDAQ: SVMK) is a leading global survey software company on a mission to power the curious. The company’s People Powered Data platform empowers over 17 million active users to measure and understand feedback from employees, customers, website and app users, and the market. SurveyMonkey’s products, enterprise solutions and integrations enable 350,000+ organizations to solve daily challenges, from delivering better customer experiences to increasing employee retention. With SurveyMonkey, organizations around the world can transform feedback into business intelligence that drives growth and innovation.
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture, we are building a workplace for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC where people of every background can thrive. We’ve won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals. SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 and 2019, and the company has also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC’s Disruptor 50 and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Over the past two years we’ve become a public company and expanded our platform with enterprise-grade features in privacy, security and compliance, putting SurveyMonkey on the path to rapidly expand our presence within the Fortune 500. We have ambitious goals to grow our international footprint as well, and every member of our troop plays a critical role in driving this growth and transformation. It’s an incredible time to join the company and be a part of our next chapter!
We are looking for a manager to lead backend efforts for our Use Cases team. Someone who has a real passion for solving complex and interesting problems, and delivering versatile functionality that will support our next phase of use case driven solutions. The Use Cases team is focused on delivering purpose built solutions in multiple verticals, leveraging and adapting SurveyMonkey’s platform, and scaling development efforts as we expand our suite of products.
- Lead a team of 6 engineers to design, build, and scale our solutions
- Work closely with engineering peers across SurveyMonkey ecosystem to manage efforts spanning numerous contributing services
- Provide both technical leadership and mentorship - holding a high-performance bar for the team. Be a role model and professional coach for engineers with a strong bias for action and focus on craftsmanship
- Develop and drive the long-term technology roadmap
- Give timely and constructive feedback, as well as being open to receiving it
- Collaborate with cross-functional peers across Product and Design to define, innovate, and execute on the product roadmap
- Partner closely with HR and recruiting teams to attract and recruit strong, experienced talent
- Help implement effective engineering processes and policies that emphasize customer centricity, agile/scrum, and developer productivity
- Own daily management of objectives, priorities, trade-offs, and risks for your team
- 5+ years of management experience leading highly performant teams focused on designing, building, operationalizing scalable product
- Designed and architected scalable and highly performant systems and web/api services
- Strong foundation in Object Oriented programming and fluency in at least one OO language
- Comfortable with relational databases and SQL (we mostly use MySQL)
- Experience with cloud native technologies (we use AWS) and multi-region data center architecture
- A track record of recruiting extraordinary, diverse technical talent
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment and have experience working with agile development methodology
- Strong presentation, organizational and communication skills
- Ability to weigh conflicting constraints and make rapid decisions in a dynamic environment
Must be able to obtain and hold government security clearance at the Reliability level.
At SurveyMonkey, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, RRSP matching, and equity compensation.
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.