SurveyMonkey (NASDAQ: SVMK) is a leading global survey software company on a mission to power the curious. The company’s People Powered Data platform empowers over 17 million active users to measure and understand feedback from employees, customers, website and app users, and the market. SurveyMonkey’s products, enterprise solutions and integrations enable 350,000+ organizations to solve daily challenges, from delivering better customer experiences to increasing employee retention. With SurveyMonkey, organizations around the world can transform feedback into business intelligence that drives growth and innovation.
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture, we are building a workplace for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC where people of every background can thrive. We’ve won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals. SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 and 2019, and the company has also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC’s Disruptor 50 and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Over the past two years we’ve become a public company and expanded our platform with enterprise-grade features in privacy, security and compliance, putting SurveyMonkey on the path to rapidly expand our presence within the Fortune 500. We have ambitious goals to grow our international footprint as well, and every member of our troop plays a critical role in driving this growth and transformation. It’s an incredible time to join the company and be a part of our next chapter!
Product Designer, Growth
We’re looking for a Product Designer who is curious about customers and passionate about data-driven design. You will be joining an established team in our San Mateo office which is responsible for critical company strategy to drive growth of our customer base. The Growth team experiments across the customer experience with the goal of connecting users with the right product offering for their needs, as well as, making it simple and fast for customers to use our product. You will be responsible for the design solutions to drive customer growth (acquisition and conversion), optimization of the product (engagement), and create long term customer value and loyalty with existing users (retention).
Our Growth team knows when and where to stay scrappy—where you fit in is by efficiently navigating through uncertainty and providing a clear, user-centric point of view to your solutions. This role requires an appetite for validating ideas by running research through quantitative & qualitative mechanisms for each project. You will be testing designs in small chunks to uncover learnings and validate hypotheses — and being able to do so with the flexibility of approaches and output at a high speed will be a key component to your success. If working on high impact, fast-paced projects that allow the ability to go broad and explore solutions, then this may be the right fit for you.
What You’ll Do
- Be an accountable, self-starter with great prioritization skills and a preference for working through ambiguity and deadline pressures
- Have interest in the data; translate quantitative data and qualitative insights into creative ideas and informed design decisions
- Bring a flexible mindset to work every day; jump in on whatever task the team needs to drive growth with speed and thoughtfulness
- Collaborate closely and become a key partner with Brand & Marketing, as well as cross-functional product teams, to ideate and deliver quality experiences with speed, balancing a user-centric approach with business requirements
- Enjoy being hands-on with information architecture, interaction design, visual design, prototyping, user research, working within brand guidelines – and taking an iterative approach to crafting solutions from concept to implementation
- Knowing when to apply the appropriate level of fidelity to your work, being conscious of deadlines & deliverables to communicate your solution
- Appreciate critical feedback – you will give it, receive it, and seek it out
- Value communication & provide thoughtful rationale in your design decisions
- Embrace & apply a growth mindset to your professional development
- Give back & contribute to the Product Design team culture
What You’ll Bring
- Experience at a technology company or digital agency, contributed to shipped product(s), with a focus on product design or having both UX & UI responsibilities
- Experience working effectively with cross-functional teams including Product Management, Engineering, Data Analysts, Brand & Marketing, User Research, Content Strategy, and Internationalization.
- Ability to formulate strong points of view balancing business needs, data metrics, and the user’s experience
- Ability to articulate design criteria and present design solutions with clear verbal and visual communication skills
- Able to produce quality design concepts quickly based on both qualitative and quantitative feedback
- Proficiency in user-centered design thinking methodologies, knowledge of accessibility and internationalization
- Proficient with Sketch, Invision, Abstract, and knowledgeable about HTML, CSS.
- BA/BS/BFA or equivalent industry experience
- Portfolio showcasing examples of design work, preferably Growth related
If this describes you then come join our amazing team to bring the SurveyMonkey brand and product to life across the world.
This position is seated in our San Mateo, California headquarters office.
IMPORTANT: please add a link to your portfolio. Ideally it would be an online portfolio.
At SurveyMonkey, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, pension benefits, paid holidays and parental leave, and equity compensation.
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.