Who we are and what we do
SurveyMonkey (Nasdaq: SVMK), is a leader in agile software solutions for customer experience, market research, and survey feedback. Our mission is to power the curious and enable organizations, including 98% of the Fortune 500, to transform feedback into action. Our brand is beloved and well known throughout the world—over 6 billion people have taken a SurveyMonkey survey! Today, more than 17 million active users rely on our platform to measure and understand feedback from employees, customers, website and app users, and the market. And our enterprise-grade products and solutions enable 335,000+ organizations globally to solve daily challenges—from delivering better customer experiences to increasing employee retention.
More about our Cloud Engineering team
As a member of the Cloud Engineering team at SurveyMonkey, you will help define the policies, procedures, architecture, and support the ongoing operation of our AWS environments.The Cloud Engineering team is also at the center of our expansion into AWS and migration away from physical data centers. This role presents a prime opportunity for providing guidance, best practices, and mentorship to other engineers while we move further into AWS.
What we're looking for
- Architect, build, and operate AWS environments with well established best practices
- Define and implement standards around the utilization of AWS services
- Migrate on-premise services to AWS
- Help define our AWS account structure, IAM policies, and AWS account security at scale
- Lead in the improvement of the availability and scalability of our AWS infrastructure
- 5+ years of experience with AWS, including but not limited to heavy experience with IAM, VPC, EC2, ALB, S3, CloudWatch, Cloudfront, and Cloudformation
- 8+ years of relevant professional experience
- 5+ years of experience building and evolving well-architected environments in AWS
- Demonstrable experience leveraging Configuration Management tooling such as Terraform, and proven strategies for maintaining large infrastructure-as-code deployments
- Linux and/or Windows administration via automated scripting of operations within those OS environments
- Experience with Python in either a software engineering or DevOps environment
Nice to have
- A solid understanding of network protocols and common services
- Experience and knowledge of Git and JIRA
- Experience with monitoring and logging tools such as New Relic, Cloudwatch, or Splunk
- Experience migrating from on-prem data centers to public clouds
- Experience with web standards, REST interfaces, proxy servers, and CDNs
- Mad emoji making skills
What we offer our employees
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC, we’re building a workplace where people of every background can thrive. We’ve won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals.
SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 and 2019, and the company has also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC’s Disruptor 50 and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Our commitment to an inclusive workplace
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.
Learn more about our diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts here.