We’re a fast-growing and ambitious company specializing in user feedback across all digital touchpoints. Continuously striving for accessible products while ensuring we celebrate every victory, we’ve established a receptive, spirited, and dynamic work environment.
But whatever your department and whether it’s New York, Berlin, London, Sydney, Padova, or our HQ in Amsterdam, joining Usabilla means becoming a part of SurveyMonkey family, a San Mateo-based global survey software company. It’s an exciting journey that we are now embarking on together, with a combined troop of over 1,000 employees worldwide!
SurveyMonkey is the world's leading provider of web-based survey solutions, but there's really much more to us than that. We're a smart, passionate group of people who work hard to deliver the best survey experience on the planet, period. We do this because we believe everyone deserves easy access to the insights and information they need to make better, more informed decisions.
We're also proud to admit that despite our incredible growth over the past 15 years, we refuse to grow up. We are still small and nimble; everyone plays an impactful role; and when we say good ideas can come from anyone, we mean it.
SurveyMonkey is trusted by millions of customers, including 99% of the Fortune 500, as well as other businesses, academic institutions and organizations of all shapes and sizes. We collect 2.8 million survey responses daily from people in all countries around the world.
We need your help in building the next generation of machine learning at SurveyMonkey. We want to help our customers make great decisions from the millions of survey responses we receive daily. To do that well, we’ll need to use applied machine learning that include natural language processing, classification, spam detection, personalization / ranking, etc. We also need to do this at scale and in real-time whenever possible.
Successful candidates will have built these types of systems before and deployed them to production. Specifically, we need someone that is ready to get their hands dirty with building out a flexible machine learning platform that supports scalable model training in-memory or through distributed computational processing (single vs. multi-node), model deployment, API management, and constructing elegant feedback loops for self-sustaining machine learning systems. Candidates will need to be well-versed in large-scale data storage and processing and have the judgement to know when to use out-of-the-box solutions versus building custom ones. Being fun to work with is also a heck of a bonus.
- At least 7+ years professional software engineering experience using a high level language (Python preferred).
- Experience utilizing big data and machine learning technologies (e.g. H2O, Spark, Hadoop, Cassandra).
- Very comfortable with Unix/Linux operating systems. We favor Ubuntu.
- Strong communication and documentation skills.
- Experience with operating computational clusters for training machine learning models.
- Familiarity with the ipython notebook, pandas, sklearn, numpy and nltk.
- Familiarity with machine learning techniques and natural language processing (e.g. featurization, n-gram analysis, supervised classification and unsupervised topic clustering, etc).
Nice to Have:
- Experience with ETL pipelines.
- Has interest and is excited by data modeling, data science of lots of structured and unstructured data.
Usabilla by SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.