Who we are and what we do
SurveyMonkey (Nasdaq: SVMK), is a leader in agile software solutions for customer experience, market research, and survey feedback. Our mission is to power the curious and enable organizations, including 98% of the Fortune 500, to transform feedback into action. Our brand is beloved and well known throughout the world—over 6 billion people have taken a SurveyMonkey survey! Today, more than 17 million active users rely on our platform to measure and understand feedback from employees, customers, website and app users, and the market. And our enterprise-grade products and solutions enable 335,000+ organizations globally to solve daily challenges—from delivering better customer experiences to increasing employee retention.
What we're looking for
We are looking for a seasoned data engineering leader to lead a team of highly skilled data engineers, data architects, and DBA’s to manage the end to end data pipelines (batch and streaming) using modern cloud DataLake and technologies.
- Responsible for defining the end to end data engineering strategy inclusive of tools, technology and processes.
- Lead a team of data engineers, data architects and DBA’s to develop data pipelines that includes ingestion of structure, semi structured and unstructured data sets from source systems to final consumable models data sets/data marts.
- Data quality by design: Establishing and enforce data quality standards for the end to end data pipelines to ensure trust in data.
- Strategic planning and management. Work with stakeholders across all lines of business in the intake process, do the capacity planning and manage the priorities towards delivering business results.
- Partners with business (sales, marketing, GTM, finance, etc) to understand data engineering requirements and work with a team to plan deliverables and resource capacity.
- Define data contracts: Partner with the Product data engineering teams to align on product usage data (IOT data), development standards and data contracts.
- Strong communication and presentation skills to articulate data engineering concepts, strategies to stakeholders and partner teams
- Vendor and budget Management: Ability to successfully create productive relationships with software and consulting vendors to do staff augmentation and manage budget.
- Hands on experience in SQL, Python, EDW like Snowflake/SQL server, Hadoop and ETL tools (Talend, Informatica, Matillion, Fivetran, DBT etc.). Job scheduling and workload management tools (Airflow etc)
- 10+ years in data engineering/data warehousing and 5+ years in managing a team
- Experience in hiring and growing top engineering talent. Coach the current team in your organization towards higher performance
- On-call : experience in managing SRE - site reliability engineers to support data engineering and platform operations and perform incident management
- Experience working with partners in traditionally non-engineering functions (Sales, Marketing, Legal, HR, Finance, etc).
- In depth knowledge of Data lakes, EDW concepts, data modeling (star, snowflake and galaxy schemas)
- Graduate degree in computer science, or equivalent
What we offer our employees
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC, we’re building a workplace where people of every background can thrive. We’ve won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals.
SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 and 2019, and the company has also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC’s Disruptor 50 and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Our commitment to an inclusive workplace
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.
Learn more about our diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts here.