Who we are and what we do
SurveyMonkey (Nasdaq: SVMK), is a leader in agile software solutions for customer experience, market research, and survey feedback. Our mission is to power the curious and enable organizations, including 98% of the Fortune 500, to transform feedback into action. Our brand is beloved and well known throughout the world—over 6 billion people have taken a SurveyMonkey survey! Today, more than 17 million active users rely on our platform to measure and understand feedback from employees, customers, website and app users, and the market. And our enterprise-grade products and solutions enable 335,000+ organizations globally to solve daily challenges—from delivering better customer experiences to increasing employee retention.
What we're looking for
We are looking for a seasoned machine learning and data mining expert to join our data science team to lead algorithm development for key product initiatives for SurveyMonkey. As a data scientist at SurveyMonkey, we are equipped with rich product data ranging from text to image and video. We build cutting edge ML models to solve real customer issues. We work closely with Machine Learning engineers to ship models in production seamlessly. Therefore you will see the business impact of the models quickly. In the past, we have filed patents about our novel machine learning algorithms and productionized many AI models to help customers from survey creation to insight extraction, such as bias questions identification models to provide recommendations on rephrasing these questions, sentiment analysis models to reveal the emotions behind what respondents are thinking, and response quality models to suggest removing bad responses.
As a senior member of the Data Science team, the successful candidate will play a leading role in deriving key insights from our enormous data, suggest and implement new product features, and make improvements in existing models for better user experience. He/She will work on developing machine learning algorithms and systems, and need to be capable of implementing and utilizing intelligent tools and technologies. He/She will help internal constituents to achieve extraordinary value for our customers. This role also involves technical leadership and mentorship of data scientists and machine learning engineers.
- Industrial data-mining including applied techniques in data mining and machine learning, especially in the domain of natural language processing and fraud detection
- Expertise in machine learning model development, including data preprocessing, feature engineering, classification and prediction model development, and model deployment.
- Strong programming skills, expert knowledge of algorithms, and data structures (Python preferred).
- Expert knowledge of AWS, Pytorch/Tensorflow, Scikit-learn and Pandas is a must.
- Prior experience and continued interest in mentorship and technical development of junior data scientists.
- Excellent problem-solving, critical thinking, creativity, organizational, design, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well with all levels of engineers.
- Confirmed ability to handle multiple projects with strict deadlines.
- Prior experience in partnering with business teams to solve problems and identify trends and opportunities.
- Developing solutions that improve business performance through advanced statistical analysis, data mining, and data visualization technologies.
- Excellent customer experience intuition; demonstrate success in inventing innovative and user-friendly products.
Nice to have
- Master's or PhD in Computer Science or a data-driven physical science, or equivalent, plus years of relevant industry experience.
- Experience in computer vision is a plus.
What we offer our employees
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC, we’re building a workplace where people of every background can thrive. We’ve won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals.
SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 and 2019, and the company has also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC’s Disruptor 50 and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Our commitment to an inclusive workplace
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.
Learn more about our diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts here.