SurveyMonkey (NASDAQ: SVMK) is a leading global survey software company on a mission to power the curious. The company’s People Powered Data platform empowers over 17 million active users to measure and understand feedback from employees, customers, website and app users, and the market. SurveyMonkey’s products, enterprise solutions and integrations enable 335,000+ organizations to solve daily challenges, from delivering better customer experiences to increasing employee retention. With SurveyMonkey, organizations around the world can transform feedback into business intelligence that drives growth and innovation.
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture, we are building a workplace for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC where people of every background can thrive. We’ve won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals.
SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 and 2019, and the company has also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC’s Disruptor 50 and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Over the past two years we’ve become a public company and expanded our platform with enterprise-grade features in privacy, security and compliance, putting SurveyMonkey on the path to rapidly expand our presence within the Fortune 500. We have ambitious goals to grow our international footprint as well, and every member of our troop plays a critical role in driving this growth and transformation. It’s an incredible time to join the company and be a part of our next chapter!
The Director, People Partner will develop the talent strategy and drive the execution of solutions to ensure business success for our Customer-facing and G&A functions, including the organizations led by our Chief Sales Officer and Chief Financial Officer. You will partner closely with our leaders to solve business challenges through people solutions, collaborating across geographies. You will be a trusted advisor and partner to senior executives and lead a talented and dedicated team of People Partners. You will collaborate with diverse stakeholders across the organization and build a culture that attracts and enables world class talent to have significant impact and do their best work.
- Partner directly with our leadership team to influence organizational change and transformation.
- Translate business goals into integrated, actionable talent strategies and initiatives that help grow the business and deliver results.
- Partner with and advise leadership on people-related strategy and decisions including organizational design, planning and compensation.
- Be a trusted business partner to coach and develop executives on people practices that will create a highly engaged culture of high performance.
- Deliver management coaching and training where needed to front-line managers and senior leaders.
- Lead, develop and manage an existing team of People Partners.
- Build effective work relationships at all levels of the organization, influence behavior, and manage change.
- Be a cultural advocate; propose ideas to support employee engagement.
- Partner with centers of excellence to include Talent Acquisition, Total Reward and Talent Development to provide input and execute on People Team programs and initiatives.
- Work collaboratively with the internal Talent Acquisition team to refine processes, policies and programs to support the meet the needs of the local market.
- Operate in a collaborative, positive and open manner— modeling key cultural drivers in your work, team interactions and relationships with partners and employees.
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the broader cross-functional People team to develop solutions, programs, and opportunities for learning.
- Support and resolve complex and escalated employee relations issues.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of team members, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Work closely with management and team members globally to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Provide guidance and input on workforce planning to support business strategy.
- Demonstrated past success supporting sales and finance teams and executives, preferably in a rapidly growing tech organization across multiple locations
- Strong working knowledge of sales compensation and ability to influence plan design and policies.
- Experience identifying and building strategic cross-functional partnerships across all levels of the business to understand challenges
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant HR experience, with at least 5 years as a business partner supporting Senior Executive and/or C-level leaders.
- Analytically driven with experience working with people metrics to guide decisions
- Effective and concise verbal and written communication skills with the ability to collaborate and influence with cross-functional team members
- A collaborative partner who acts with a sense of urgency and adapts to a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Demonstrated project management and change management skills
- Strong business and financial acumen with the ability to understand drivers of shareholder value and relevant business models, and how to translate these into People initiatives.
- 8+ years of progressive experience in human resource management
- 5+ years of people management and leadership experience
- Ability to travel to our remote offices and internationally as needed.
At SurveyMonkey, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, 401k, paid holidays and parental leave, and equity compensation.
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.