SurveyMonkey (NASDAQ: SVMK) is a leading global survey software company on a mission to power the curious. The company’s People Powered Data platform empowers over 17 million active users to measure and understand feedback from employees, customers, website and app users, and the market. SurveyMonkey’s products, enterprise solutions and integrations enable 335,000+ organizations to solve daily challenges, from delivering better customer experiences to increasing employee retention. With SurveyMonkey, organizations around the world can transform feedback into business intelligence that drives growth and innovation.
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture, we are building a workplace for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC where people of every background can thrive. We’ve won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals.
SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 and 2019, and the company has also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC’s Disruptor 50 and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Over the past two years we’ve become a public company and expanded our platform with enterprise-grade features in privacy, security and compliance, putting SurveyMonkey on the path to rapidly expand our presence within the Fortune 500. We have ambitious goals to grow our international footprint as well, and every member of our troop plays a critical role in driving this growth and transformation. It’s an incredible time to join the company and be a part of our next chapter!
We are looking for a talented Backend Software Engineer to join our Enterprise Admin team who has a real passion for solving challenging problems and developing product features. We build and maintain the APIs and pages which support enterprise customers' administration experience.
Some of the things you will do as a Backend Software Engineer at SurveyMonkey include:
- Building and maintaining our enterprise services across multiple data-regions
- Top-to-bottom ownership of new features, including crafting technical specs, writing readable and extendible code, and keeping tabs on post-release metrics
- Building observable systems that track important metrics and automatically notifies when something is off
- Participating in code reviews to validate best practices and logical designs
- Investigating and addressing issues with performance, scalability, and maintainability on both production and development environments
- Foster the spirit of continuous improvement and learning amongst fellow engineers
- Minimum of 4+ years of experience with backend web application development (Python preferred)
- Able to write efficient SQL queries and design schemas for relational databases (MSSQL or MySQL experience is a plus)
- Culture of code reviews, writing tech specs, and collaborating closely with other people (not a solo hacker)
- Ability to work on in agile environments with frequent deployments
- Be self-motivated and have a strong work ethic; willing to go the extra mile when it’s crunch time
- Practices automated testing, believes and enforces good code quality and best engineering practices
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or a related field
Nice to have
- Experience working with a distributed service-oriented architecture
- Agile, test driven development, continuous builds, and frequent deployments
- Material contributions to open source projects
- Linux (Ubuntu) configuration and administration
Benefits and Perks
- We offer competitive salaries , equity compensation, RRSP matching, and all our Canadian employees get 4 weeks of vacation.
- We provide competitive health, dental, vision and life insurance for employees and their families.
- Planning on growing your own troop? Both moms and dads qualify for 16 weeks of paid parental leave.
- Looking for ways to prioritize health? Enjoy free fresh food, commuter subsidies, and well-being programs.
- We support your career development with online learning subscriptions, workshops, and expenses–paid conferences every year.
- We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Must be able to obtain and hold government security clearance at the Reliability level.
At SurveyMonkey, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, RRSP matching, and equity compensation.
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.