SurveyMonkey (NASDAQ: SVMK) is a leading global survey software company on a mission to power the curious. The company’s People Powered Data platform empowers over 17 million active users to measure and understand feedback from employees, customers, website and app users, and the market. SurveyMonkey’s products, enterprise solutions and integrations enable 335,000+ organizations to solve daily challenges, from delivering better customer experiences to increasing employee retention. With SurveyMonkey, organizations around the world can transform feedback into business intelligence that drives growth and innovation.
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture, we are building a workplace for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC where people of every background can thrive. We’ve won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals.
SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 and 2019, and the company has also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC’s Disruptor 50 and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Over the past two years we’ve become a public company and expanded our platform with enterprise-grade features in privacy, security and compliance, putting SurveyMonkey on the path to rapidly expand our presence within the Fortune 500. We have ambitious goals to grow our international footprint as well, and every member of our troop plays a critical role in driving this growth and transformation. It’s an incredible time to join the company and be a part of our next chapter!
We are looking for a fun, experienced and collaborative International Tax Manager to join our growing team. This role will report to the Senior Director of Tax and will support our expanding domestic and international tax functions. We are a friendly team of tax professionals passionate about our jobs and the impact we make for the company. You will find SurveyMonkey as an excellent place to work and grow your career.
- Assist with cross-border tax structuring and planning to support SurveyMonkey’s international footprint
- Assist with preparation/review of international aspects of quarterly tax provision, transfer pricing calculations and international forms of US tax returns including E&P, GILTI, FDII, BEAT, subpart F, and FTCs
- Assist in special projects as assigned including but not limited to participation in global tax planning and design of tax strategies, cross-functional business initiatives and M&A transactions
- Support international aspects of acquisition accounting and integration, as needed
- Work with the tax team to establish processes, determine intercompany transaction flows, policies and implementation
- Collaborate with business partners to provide tax analysis, implications of international business strategies and communicate tax risks
- Research international tax matters, new regulations, tax law updates and provide guidance for tax compliance and reporting
- Assist with the review of contracts and collaborate with Legal to ensure contracts contain key terms consistent with global tax structure
- Monitor global tax law changes and address financial and operational implications
- 6+ years of relevant experience at a public accounting firm and/or corporate tax department of a multinational company
- Experience with TCJA modeling
- Experience in IP cross-border intercompany transactions, transfer pricing issues and global reporting
- Experience recognizing, evaluating and communicating potential international tax risks and planning opportunities
- Experience managing and executing multiple projects from end-to-end
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment with high level of integrity
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- MS Excel skills required, experience with ERP environment a plus
- Master’s in Taxation or LLM; CPA a plus.
At SurveyMonkey, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, 401k, paid holidays and parental leave, and equity compensation. SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.