SurveyMonkey (NASDAQ: SVMK) is a leading global survey software company on a mission to power the curious. The company’s People Powered Data platform empowers over 17 million active users to measure and understand feedback from employees, customers, website and app users, and the market. SurveyMonkey’s products, enterprise solutions and integrations enable 335,000+ organizations to solve daily challenges, from delivering better customer experiences to increasing employee retention. With SurveyMonkey, organizations around the world can transform feedback into business intelligence that drives growth and innovation.
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture, we are building a workplace for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC where people of every background can thrive. We’ve won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals.
SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 and 2019, and the company has also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC’s Disruptor 50 and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Over the past two years we’ve become a public company and expanded our platform with enterprise-grade features in privacy, security and compliance, putting SurveyMonkey on the path to rapidly expand our presence within the Fortune 500. We have ambitious goals to grow our international footprint as well, and every member of our troop plays a critical role in driving this growth and transformation. It’s an incredible time to join the company and be a part of our next chapter!
Does __surveymonkey__ speak to you? Then you’re probably just who we need to help us build interesting, scalable solutions (and create maintainable systems that stand the test of time). See your code go live right away — and have an impact today, tomorrow, and for years to come. More importantly, we’re a friendly bunch looking for a teammate, to learn and grow with. If you're looking to own an integral part of our system, let's chat!
We’re rearchitecting our e-commerce and payments platform. Why? As a company that is growing rapidly, we realize in order to move faster, we need to rethink our old approaches:
- SurveyMonkey is a global company. This means you will be designing a system that will be used in over 200 countries.
- We’re also going places with our code literally. Interested in cloud computing? Interesting in how to store data effectively? We have the problems you can help us solve.
- Our e-commerce platform handles 35+ different currencies. We’re always looking to integrate with new payment service providers to optimize our growth and business.
- We need to manage scale and reliability. With customers all around the world, our services have to be up and running all the time. The system you will be working on supports the entire self serve purchasing flow of all of the SurveyMonkey suite of products.
- We’re a company that loves to make decisions with data. We’re a people-powered data company for a reason. We want to build a payments platform that can support A/B testing.
In this role, you will deliver innovative products and services at a rapid pace. You will be working very closely with product managers to streamline checkout and pricing experiences for our portfolio of products. You will be using a variety of technologies such as React, GraphQL, NodeJS, and Docker.
- Be a key player and mentor to a team of highly talented software engineers
- Own technical aspects of software architecture and development
- Perform design and development of modular packages, components, and frameworks
- Develop a deep understanding of tie-ins with other systems and platforms
- Set the technical standards and best practices across the company
- Write code and unit tests, work on API specs, automation, and conduct code reviews and testing
- Work closely with product owners on feature sets that impact platform, services, and frameworks
- Prioritize learning and identify opportunities to adopt innovative technologies
- Designed and architected scalable and highly performant front-end applications
- Core understanding of GraphQL and React
- Strong command of web standards, accessibility and cross-browser compatibility
- Experience building high-traffic systems
- Must work well in a diverse team to collaborate on a complete, end-to-end experience.
- Strong communication skills to collaborate closely with peers, and must value a culture of code reviews and writing tech specs (Not a solo hacker).
- Practices automated testing, believes and enforces good code quality and best engineering practices.
- Experience in ecommerce platforms will be a nice plus
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent
At SurveyMonkey, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, 401k, paid holidays and parental leave, and equity compensation.
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.