SurveyMonkey (NASDAQ: SVMK) is a leading global survey software company on a mission to power the curious. The company’s People Powered Data platform empowers over 17 million active users to measure and understand feedback from employees, customers, website and app users, and the market. SurveyMonkey’s products, enterprise solutions and integrations enable 335,000+ organizations to solve daily challenges, from delivering better customer experiences to increasing employee retention. With SurveyMonkey, organizations around the world can transform feedback into business intelligence that drives growth and innovation.
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture, we are building a workplace for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC where people of every background can thrive. We’ve won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals.
SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 and 2019, and the company has also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC’s Disruptor 50 and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Over the past two years we’ve become a public company and expanded our platform with enterprise-grade features in privacy, security and compliance, putting SurveyMonkey on the path to rapidly expand our presence within the Fortune 500. We have ambitious goals to grow our international footprint as well, and every member of our troop plays a critical role in driving this growth and transformation. It’s an incredible time to join the company and be a part of our next chapter!
About the Role
SurveyMonkey is looking for a stellar writer, communicator, and wiki content manager to manage our intranet, hosted in Confluence. It will be your charter to ensure that the site architecture and content allows all people at SurveyMonkey to easily find the news and information they need as employees, whenever they need it, as the company grows and changes. The intranet houses information such as company news & events, HR resources, IT help, office and facilities information, policies, tutorials, manager resources, and more—so you’ll be working closely with subject matter experts across the company to maintain a cohesive and up-to-date library of information that benefits our entire global team of 1300+ employees.
Our intranet helps create an environment that empowers our employees to do meaningful work, and feel a strong sense of purpose and commitment to our overall vision. Through documenting processes and workflows, sharing and celebrating our wins, and connecting our global offices, our intranet is key in creating collaborative and excelling teams, and fostering a truly inclusive culture.
While the intranet is your top priority, you will also contribute to other global communications programs, such as developing processes to communicate information to the right employees using the right platform. You’ll be a resource for the department with your strong writing, expertise in content management, and governance for internal resources.
- Own the content on the company’s intranet—write, manage, and govern internal help content to ensure accuracy, consistency, and findability for our global team.
- Ensure company news and events are discoverable and that the intranet exemplifies the SurveyMonkey brand.
- Be the resident expert on using Confluence effectively—understand all the technical requirements, plugins, macros, and formatting tools available.
- Ensure that content requests and organizational policy, and process changes are reflected in the company’s self-service documentation in a timely manner so that the intranet remains a reliable source of truth.
- Establish and maintain an SLA (service level agreement) for responding to resource-related requests. The fix might take some time, but appropriately setting expectations with colleagues on priority and timeline is important in a first response.
- Represent content management as you coordinate with stakeholders and subject matter experts from across the company to plan content updates and additions—ensure all initiatives have a long-term maintenance plan.
- Support other external and internal HR initiatives by architecting and writing content and developing a strategy for ongoing governance.
- Advocate for an internal culture of documentation and strategic knowledge sharing.
- Proactively identify opportunities to fill content gaps or initiate projects to make resources more useful for the global team based on employee feedback.
- 3-4 years project management or knowledge base management experience
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Experience writing for the web—preferably in an agile Internet or tech environment
- Comfortable with ambiguity, problem solving, managing multiple projects, and prioritization
- Detail-oriented, consistent, and organized
- Outstanding communication skills, adapting communication style for any audience
- Able to manage relationships across departments, offices, and time zones
- A knack for giving and receiving feedback with clarity and empathy
- Not afraid to ask questions and give ideas
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
- Comfortable with wiki software and online publishing platforms
- Ability to learn new technology and applications quickly
- Strong Atlassian (Confluence + JIRA) skills a plus!
At SurveyMonkey, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, paid holidays and parental leave, and equity compensation.
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.