SurveyMonkey (NASDAQ: SVMK) is a leading global survey software company on a mission to power the curious. The company’s People Powered Data platform empowers over 17 million active users to measure and understand feedback from employees, customers, website and app users, and the market. SurveyMonkey’s products, enterprise solutions and integrations enable 335,000+ organizations to solve daily challenges, from delivering better customer experiences to increasing employee retention. With SurveyMonkey, organizations around the world can transform feedback into business intelligence that drives growth and innovation.
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture, we are building a workplace for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC where people of every background can thrive. We’ve won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals.
SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 and 2019, and the company has also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC’s Disruptor 50 and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Over the past two years we’ve become a public company and expanded our platform with enterprise-grade features in privacy, security and compliance, putting SurveyMonkey on the path to rapidly expand our presence within the Fortune 500. We have ambitious goals to grow our international footprint as well, and every member of our troop plays a critical role in driving this growth and transformation. It’s an incredible time to join the company and be a part of our next chapter!
Reporting to the Chief People Officer, the Sr. Director of Total Rewards will be a key member of the People leadership team and will work closely with the Executive team and Compensation Committee of the Board of Directors. This person will lead our global compensation, equity and benefit programs. These programs are core to our employee value proposition and enable us to attract and retain our talented troop. This position will engage with both internal and external partners to drive the development and execution of SurveyMonkey’s reward and recognition practices, build strong and scalable processes, and build both a center of excellence and a world class team. If you’re ready to bring your strategic and operational total rewards skills to SurveyMonkey, we want to hear from you.
- Drive the strategic design and execution of the company’s global compensation, equity, and benefits programs in line with SurveyMonkey’s business needs, culture, and values to include: philosophy, job evaluation and salary surveys, salary and incentive structures, pay budgets and equity analysis.
- Oversee the creation of policies and procedures to ensure global compliance and the achievement of equitable and competitive employee total cash and equity compensation.
- Oversee the company’s benefits programs including health, welfare and retirement programs in 8+ countries, ensuring compliance and cost competitiveness.
- Oversee the 401(k) Investment Committee agenda and meetings in the U.S.
- Establish and measure key compensation and benefit program metrics. Regularly benchmark company programs and monitor external trends in order to proactively adjust company plans and programs to ensure market competitiveness.
- Build deep and trusted partnerships with senior leaders and people team leaders across the organization.
- Lead annual strategic planning, in partnership with Finance, on company-wide rewards programs and budgets.
- Provide ongoing mentorship, training and development to the rewards team (currently 3 members strong).
- Play a key role in the creation of materials for Compensation Committee meetings.
- Work with the independent consultant for the Compensation Committee, along with the CEO, to drive annual recommendations for Executive Compensation, outside Director Compensation, and other analysis requested by the Committee.
- Develop and maintain effective communication strategies to drive employee awareness and understanding of all compensation and benefit programs.
- 10+ years of Total Rewards leadership experience at public, multinational high-tech companies, preferably with enterprise sales experience.
- Strong track record building, leading and mentoring a diverse and high performing team.
- Excellent business acumen, strong strategic planning and analytic skills.
- Experience working and leading cross-functionally in a high growth business environment.
- Ability to develop effective relationships at all levels of the organization and inspire trust and confidence both internally and externally.
- Growth mindset, sense of curiosity and dedication to the team’s success.
- Strong analytical skills or the ability to leverage data to make recommendations and decisions.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and discretion; maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong executive presence.
- Strong attention to detail, organization and the highest standards for accuracy and precision.
- Ability to manage effectively with ambiguity, manage multiple projects through completion on time and on budget and to prioritize in a rapidly changing environment.
- MBA and/or JD preferred.
At SurveyMonkey, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, 401k, paid holidays and parental leave, and equity compensation.
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.