SurveyMonkey (NASDAQ: SVMK) is a leading global survey software company on a mission to power the curious. The company’s People Powered Data platform empowers over 17 million active users to measure and understand feedback from employees, customers, website and app users, and the market. SurveyMonkey’s products, enterprise solutions and integrations enable 335,000+ organizations to solve daily challenges, from delivering better customer experiences to increasing employee retention. With SurveyMonkey, organizations around the world can transform feedback into business intelligence that drives growth and innovation.
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture, we are building a workplace for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC where people of every background can thrive. We’ve won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals. SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 and 2019, and the company has also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC’s Disruptor 50 and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Over the past two years we’ve become a public company and expanded our platform with enterprise-grade features in privacy, security and compliance, putting SurveyMonkey on the path to rapidly expand our presence within the Fortune 500. We have ambitious goals to grow our international footprint as well, and every member of our troop plays a critical role in driving this growth and transformation. It’s an incredible time to join the company and be a part of our next chapter
About The Position
As a Sales Engineering Leader at SurveyMonkey, you will be responsible for building and running a team of world-class pre-sales engineers, who will in turn provide technical and functional support to the sales team and our customers. Your team will work directly with customers while acting as the subject matter expert on SurveyMonkey’s enterprise product portfolio. You will be responsible for ensuring that all team members are consistently delivering product demonstrations that directly address customer pain and emphasize SurveyMonkey’s unique value proposition. During the sales cycle, your team will guide prospects through trials and proof of concepts, demonstrating SurveyMonkey’s ability to meet and exceed customer requirements and building a strong relationship that will go beyond the initial transaction and provide value to our customers for years to come. You will have the opportunity to work directly with our Product Management, Engineering, Customer Success, Legal, Security and Marketing teams to share your knowledge and experiences to ultimately improve our business and our customers’ success.
- Build and manage a team of world class pre sales engineers
- Manage all aspects of people management, including hiring, coaching, development, training, promoting career growth, conducting regular 1:1s and periodic performance reviews
- Ensure the efficiency of the team in driving and managing the technology evaluation stage of the sales process
- Ensure complete customer satisfaction throughout all stages of the sales process
- Develop both the long-term vision and strategy for the team and manage day-to-day operations
- Implement and enforce consistent time tracking within the team with focus on KPIs and success metrics
- Work collaboratively with Product Management, Marketing and Engineering during the development, launch and continuing refinement of SurveyMonkey
- Demonstrated experience in a pre-sales engineering position (typically 10+ years) and a pre-sales engineering management position (ideally 5+ years) in the B2B space is required
- Entrepreneurial mindset: self-starting, motivated, proven ability to take ownership of your area of responsibility
- Excellent presentation skills: able to engage both technical and business stakeholders - from developers to executives - and deliver effective technical presentations and product demos
- Proven ability to effectively prioritize and manage team responsibilities
- Strong customer facing and relationship building skills
At SurveyMonkey, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, RRSP matching, and equity compensation.
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.