SurveyMonkey (NASDAQ: SVMK) is a leading global survey software company on a mission to power the curious. The company’s People Powered Data platform empowers over 17 million active users to measure and understand feedback from employees, customers, website and app users, and the market. SurveyMonkey’s products, enterprise solutions and integrations enable 335,000+ organizations to solve daily challenges, from delivering better customer experiences to increasing employee retention. With SurveyMonkey, organizations around the world can transform feedback into business intelligence that drives growth and innovation.
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture, we are building a workplace for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC where people of every background can thrive. We’ve won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals. SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 and 2019, and the company has also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC’s Disruptor 50 and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Over the past two years we’ve become a public company and expanded our platform with enterprise-grade features in privacy, security and compliance, putting SurveyMonkey on the path to rapidly expand our presence within the Fortune 500. We have ambitious goals to grow our international footprint as well, and every member of our troop plays a critical role in driving this growth and transformation. It’s an incredible time to join the company and be a part of our next chapter!
About the role
Here at SurveyMonkey we are looking to add a Network Engineer to our growing IT Infrastructure team. As a Network Engineer, you will assist in network design, implementation, maintenance, and operational support. As a successful candidate you will be able to multitask in a dynamic team based environment demonstrating strong problem solving and decision making abilities.
You will get the opportunity to work with the global IT team to resolve networking issues in our production environment, and you will be the link between many business and technology facing teams to help steer and improve the operability of our systems. Your passion for understanding, reverse engineering and analyzing systems will directly impact how effectively our IT services operate.
- Ensuring the quality, reliability, and availability of global IT network infrastructure
- Proactively monitor systems, networks, and applications to provide input in improving the stability, security, efficiency, and scalability of systems
- Help staff with problem solving and escalation of issues
- Design, deploy, and maintain a mixed vendor network infrastructure
- Understand and follow operational policies/procedures and promote adherence
- Provide technical knowledge needed to ensure safe, effective, and efficient changes to the network infrastructure
- Collaborate and work closely with Systems, Infosec, and other engineering teams
- Maintaining documentation of network policies and topology.
- Will be one of the main administrators of our VoIP and videoconferencing systems
- Ability to work after hours to perform maintenance and upgrades as well as troubleshoot issues they may come up
- 5+ years of relevant experience in a network engineering position.
- Can design and implement WAN, LAN, Wireless and Firewall solutions
- CCNP or Equivalent required
- Knowledgeable of Cisco IOS
- Thorough knowledge of Palo Alto Network firewalls
- Network troubleshooting, fault analysis, repair, and upgrade
- Experience working with VoIP, Video Conferencing, and understanding of QoS and SIP
- Utilize monitoring applications for network monitoring, data encryption, web application firewalls, event monitoring and intrusion detection
- Familiarity with dynamic routing, L2/L3 switching, HA configurations, Cisco equipment, SD-WANs, and traffic shaping
- Technical Project Management skills
- You have strong communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate ideas
- Willingness and ability to travel to other countries
- Experience with AWS or Azure a plus
At SurveyMonkey, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, pension, paid holidays and parental leave, and equity compensation.
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.