SurveyMonkey (NASDAQ: SVMK) is a leading global survey software company on a mission to power the curious. The company’s People Powered Data platform empowers over 17 million active users to measure and understand feedback from employees, customers, website and app users, and the market. SurveyMonkey’s products, enterprise solutions and integrations enable 335,000+ organizations to solve daily challenges, from delivering better customer experiences to increasing employee retention. With SurveyMonkey, organizations around the world can transform feedback into business intelligence that drives growth and innovation.
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture, we are building a workplace for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC where people of every background can thrive. We’ve won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals.
SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 and 2019, and the company has also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC’s Disruptor 50 and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Over the past two years we’ve become a public company and expanded our platform with enterprise-grade features in privacy, security and compliance, putting SurveyMonkey on the path to rapidly expand our presence within the Fortune 500. We have ambitious goals to grow our international footprint as well, and every member of our troop plays a critical role in driving this growth and transformation. It’s an incredible time to join the company and be a part of our next chapter!
We are looking for a Staff Developer to lead backend efforts for our new Use Cases team. Someone who has a real passion for solving complex and interesting problems, and delivering versatile functionality that will support our next phase of use case driven solutions. The Use Cases team is focused on delivering purpose built solutions in multiple verticals, leveraging and adapting SurveyMonkey’s platform, and scaling development efforts as we expand our suite of products.
Some of the things you will do as a Staff Developer at SurveyMonkey include:
- Collaborate with teams across the company to advance platform initiatives.
- Design, build, and maintain high traffic, multi-region services.
- Working with product management and product designers to come up with the optimal experience for customers while maintaining engineering rigor.
- Top-to-bottom ownership of new features, including crafting technical specs, writing readable and extensible code, and keeping tabs on post-release metrics.
- Investigate and address issues with performance, scalability, and maintainability.
- Participate in code reviews.
- Stay on top of software trends and continuously self-educate.
- 12+ years experience in web application development mainly focused on the backend (we use Python).
- Ability to work in agile environments with frequent deployments.
- Can thrive in a culture of code reviews, collaborating closely with others, and most importantly: shipping code!
- Strong ability to dive in and debug complex systems.
- Due to 24x7x365 operation, must be willing to be available for off-hours work as part of on-call rotation.
- Be self-motivated and have a strong work ethic; willing to go the extra mile when it's crunch time.
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent.
- Experience with multi-region data center architecture.
- Experience working with a distributed service-oriented architecture.
- Experience building high-traffic websites.
- Experience supporting customer SLAs.
- Experience designing APIs with the OpenAPI Specification.
- Experience with GraphQL.
- Experience with modern authentication and authorization practices.
- Experience with continuous integration (frequent deployments).
- Material contributions to open source projects.
- Linux (Ubuntu) configuration and administration.
Must be able to obtain and hold government security clearance at the Reliability level.
At SurveyMonkey, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, RRSP matching, and equity compensation.
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.