SurveyMonkey (NASDAQ: SVMK) is a leading global survey software company on a mission to power the curious. The company’s People Powered Data platform empowers over 17 million active users to measure and understand feedback from employees, customers, website and app users, and the market. SurveyMonkey’s products, enterprise solutions and integrations enable 350,000+ organizations to solve daily challenges, from delivering better customer experiences to increasing employee retention. With SurveyMonkey, organizations around the world can transform feedback into business intelligence that drives growth and innovation.
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture, we are building a workplace for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC where people of every background can thrive. We’ve won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals. SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 and 2019, and the company has also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC’s Disruptor 50 and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Over the past two years we’ve become a public company and expanded our platform with enterprise-grade features in privacy, security and compliance, putting SurveyMonkey on the path to rapidly expand our presence within the Fortune 500. We have ambitious goals to grow our international footprint as well, and every member of our troop plays a critical role in driving this growth and transformation. It’s an incredible time to join the company and be a part of our next chapter!
We power the curious
Every day 20 million questions are answered in our platform. Whether it’s to get 10 employees’ opinions about a company barbecue or 10,000 customers’ comments about the next big product. We’ve built a platform that’s simple for a survey novice to use, but powerful enough for a pro. SurveyMonkey’s 1,000+ employees throughout North America, Europe and Asia Pacific are dedicated to powering the curious.
What we’re doing
The Analyze team helps customers get key insights from their survey results and drive meaningful change within their organizations. This team builds DIY data-analysis tools, AI-based automatic insight capabilities, benchmarking, data-visualization and story-telling features to turn survey results into action. Our customers rely on these tools to drive some of their most important work, but getting answers to questions is just the beginning. We’re working to enable deeper analysis by powering up our statistical analysis tools, data visualizations, and collaboration capabilities.
You’ll work on things like
- Building innovative data analysis features from top to bottom that derive insights from millions of data points
- Helping lead small engineering groups to build React, Node.js, and Python systems with due consideration for performance, quality, accessibility, and maintainability
- Architecting our production systems to support fast growth, availability, and quality at scale
- Helping prioritize our resources between new feature development, platform improvements, and paying down tech debt
- Advocating for engineering roadmaps and initiatives across the company
- Benchmarking systems performance, and productionizing development efforts
- Raising the bar for technical standards, performance, reliability, and operational excellence
- To thrive in this role you'll need to be curious about hard problems and care about why you're solving them
- You possess significant experience (8+ years) delivering reliable web applications
- You're keen to share your knowledge, mentor your peers, and learn from your team.
- You're a proficient technical writer, able to communicate project designs and challenges across teams to help drive decision-making
- You're not intimidated by any problem in the web platform but you understand that there's still more to learn every day
- You've enjoyed success in leading projects with multiple working tracks, distributed teams, and cross-functional stakeholders
Benefits and perks
- We offer competitive salaries , equity compensation, RRSP matching, and all our Canadian employees get 4 weeks of vacation.
- We provide health, dental, vision and life insurance for employees and their families.
- Planning on growing your own troop? Both moms and dads qualify for 16 weeks of paid parental leave.
- Looking for ways to prioritize health? Enjoy free fresh food, commuter subsidies, and well-being programs.
- We support your career development with online learning subscriptions, workshops, and expenses–paid conferences every year.
- We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Must be able to obtain and hold government security clearance at the Reliability level.
At SurveyMonkey, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, RRSP matching, and equity compensation.
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.