SurveyMonkey (NASDAQ: SVMK) is a leading global survey software company on a mission to power the curious. The company’s People Powered Data platform empowers over 17 million active users to measure and understand feedback from employees, customers, website and app users, and the market. SurveyMonkey’s products, enterprise solutions and integrations enable 335,000+ organizations to solve daily challenges, from delivering better customer experiences to increasing employee retention. With SurveyMonkey, organizations around the world can transform feedback into business intelligence that drives growth and innovation.
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture, we are building a workplace for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC where people of every background can thrive. We’ve won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals.
SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 and 2019, and the company has also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC’s Disruptor 50 and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Over the past two years we’ve become a public company and expanded our platform with enterprise-grade features in privacy, security and compliance, putting SurveyMonkey on the path to rapidly expand our presence within the Fortune 500. We have ambitious goals to grow our international footprint as well, and every member of our troop plays a critical role in driving this growth and transformation. It’s an incredible time to join the company and be a part of our next chapter!
As a member of the Cloud Engineering team at SurveyMonkey, you will help define the policies, procedures, architecture, and support the ongoing operation of our AWS environments.The Cloud Engineering team is also at the center of our expansion into AWS and migration away from physical data centers. This presents a prime opportunity for providing guidance, best practices, and mentorship to other engineers while we move to further into AWS.
We're looking for the right person to help with the following:
- Architect, build, and operate AWS environments using infra-as-code best practices
- Define and implement standards around the utilization of AWS services
- Migrate on-premise services to AWS
- Help define AWS account structure, IAM, and AWS account security standards
- Collaborate with engineers to deploy, support, and monitor the application stacks
- Lead in the improvement of the availability and scalability of our infrastructure
- 3+ years of experience with AWS, including but not limited to heavy experience with IAM, VPC, EC2, ALB, S3, CloudWatch, Cloudfront, and Cloudformation
- 8+ years of relevant professional experience
- Experience building well architected environments in AWS
- Demonstrable experience leveraging Configuration Management tooling such as Anisble, Cloudformation, Terraform, and proven strategies for maintaining large infrastructure-as-code deployments
- Systems Administration experience with Linux and/or Windows and the automation/scripting of operations within those OS environments
- Experience with container runtime environments, and container orchestration frameworks such as Docker or Kubernetes
Nice To Haves:
- Experience with Python in either a software engineering or devops environment
- A solid understanding of network protocols and common services
- Experience and knowledge of Git and JIRA
- Experience with monitoring tools such as New Relic, Cloudwatch, or Datadog
Benefits & Perks
At SurveyMonkey, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, 401k, paid holidays and parental leave, and equity compensation.
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.