SurveyMonkey (NASDAQ: SVMK) is a leading global survey software company on a mission to power the curious. The company’s People Powered Data platform empowers over 17 million active users to measure and understand feedback from employees, customers, website and app users, and the market. SurveyMonkey’s products, enterprise solutions and integrations enable 335,000+ organizations to solve daily challenges, from delivering better customer experiences to increasing employee retention. With SurveyMonkey, organizations around the world can transform feedback into business intelligence that drives growth and innovation.
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture, we are building a workplace for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC where people of every background can thrive. We’ve won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals. SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 and 2019, and the company has also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC’s Disruptor 50 and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Over the past two years we’ve become a public company and expanded our platform with enterprise-grade features in privacy, security and compliance, putting SurveyMonkey on the path to rapidly expand our presence within the Fortune 500. We have ambitious goals to grow our international footprint as well, and every member of our troop plays a critical role in driving this growth and transformation. It’s an incredible time to join the company and be a part of our next chapter!
We seek team members who share our interest in engaging legal issues and who apply a pragmatic, creative, and thoughtful approach when providing legal advice to our business teams. As an internet business, we often operate on the leading edge of the legal sphere, where the law struggles to keep up with technology and the rules get fuzzy. This makes our work very interesting. So if this is something you’d be passionate about and you want to work in a hands-on start-up environment we’d love to have you on board.
The Legal Operations Specialist will play a supporting role in the development, implementation, and operation of contract management, legal e-billing and legal intake systems. Reporting to the Senior Manager of Legal Operations, this role will collaborate closely with SurveyMonkey’s sales, business systems, legal and finance teams to look for opportunities to improve legal transactional processes that are responsive to SurveyMonkey’s legal operations needs.
- Management, tracking and fulfillment of legal intake requests via Zendesk
- Manage SOC2 requests and reporting process with Sales
- Manage ebilling system (SimpleLegal) to track outside counsel spend
- Evaluate, test, implement and support technology solutions relevant to legal operations
- Identify, collect, and report on key performance indicators and metrics on a global basis that are meaningful and relevant in ascertaining the legal teams operational performance
- Assistance in implementing and managing reports for legal team metrics and benchmarking
- Identify opportunities to improve processes with the legal team’s systems and technologies
- Support commercial contract workflows and processes in accordance with the company policies and systems
- Create, update and maintain process and procedure documentation, including knowledge management
- Develop and manage a process for tracking contract expirations, renewals, terminations, and other key clauses using legal tools and technology
- Additional duties and responsibilities as needed, including supporting various other legal operations work streams, meeting planning and preparation and other responsibilities
- Must be a practical and creative problem-solver with strong business acumen and work ethic
- Experience with contract management systems and/or data management highly preferred
- Detail-oriented, highly organized and patient
- Motivated individual able to manage and prioritize competing tasks
- Flexible mindset, willingness to do hands-on work and ability to define a vision for the function.
- Self-starter who will continuously look for opportunities to improve processes.
- Builds constructive and effective relationships throughout the organization and understands how to work collaboratively across business units.
- Must be comfortable managing competing priorities and frequent interruptions while maintaining close attention to detail, accuracy and timeliness.
- Ideal candidate will have demonstrated an ability to manage a fast-paced and growing legal department’s operational needs.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to communicate with multiple audiences
- Bachelor’s degree required
At SurveyMonkey, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, 401k, paid holidays and parental leave, and equity compensation.
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.