SurveyMonkey (NASDAQ: SVMK) is a leading global survey software company on a mission to power the curious. The company’s People Powered Data platform empowers over 17 million active users to measure and understand feedback from employees, customers, website and app users, and the market. SurveyMonkey’s products, enterprise solutions and integrations enable 335,000+ organizations to solve daily challenges, from delivering better customer experiences to increasing employee retention. With SurveyMonkey, organizations around the world can transform feedback into business intelligence that drives growth and innovation.
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture, we are building a workplace for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC where people of every background can thrive. We’ve won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals. SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 and 2019, and the company has also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC’s Disruptor 50 and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Over the past two years we’ve become a public company and expanded our platform with enterprise-grade features in privacy, security and compliance, putting SurveyMonkey on the path to rapidly expand our presence within the Fortune 500. We have ambitious goals to grow our international footprint as well, and every member of our troop plays a critical role in driving this growth and transformation. It’s an incredible time to join the company and be a part of our next chapter!
We're seeking a bright, resourceful and dynamic Executive Assistant to remotely support our VP of Growth, VP of Comms and VP of Product Marketing who are all based in our SVMK HQ in California. This role is critical to supporting these leaders and their teams as we scale.
- Effectively manage the senior leader’s calendars, travel schedules, and internal and external communications related to meetings, conference calls, invitations, event planning, and interviews
- Coordinate meetings, documenting outcomes and ensuring follow-up on action items.
- General administrative duties (e.g., taking detailed notes, preparing meeting materials, expense reporting) and special projects with constantly moving priorities.
- Coordinate travel – domestic and international; prepare for meetings; handle logistics and respond to changing priorities with ease
- Department Scheduling Support - coordinate client and vendor meetings, social and team building activities, all hands meetings and offsites
- Remain extremely organized at all times; be able to work autonomously, take initiative, work independently and follow-through on tasks.
- 3 -5 years of EA experience supporting senior-level executives, preferably within a high-growth technology company
- You have exceptional professionalism, communication and interpersonal skills.
- You have acute attention to accuracy and detail in all aspects of responsibilities.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently while supporting executives located in different offices
- You are a team player with a can do attitude.
- Strong working knowledge of the Microsoft & Google suite of programs and the ability to handle complex and extensive scheduling is a must.
This position will start as a 6-12 month fixed term position.
At SurveyMonkey, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, 401k, paid holidays and parental leave, and equity compensation.
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.