SurveyMonkey (NASDAQ: SVMK) is a leading global survey software company on a mission to power the curious. The company’s People Powered Data platform empowers over 17 million active users to measure and understand feedback from employees, customers, website and app users, and the market. SurveyMonkey’s products, enterprise solutions and integrations enable 335,000+ organizations to solve daily challenges, from delivering better customer experiences to increasing employee retention. With SurveyMonkey, organizations around the world can transform feedback into business intelligence that drives growth and innovation.
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture, we are building a workplace for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC where people of every background can thrive. We’ve won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals. SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 and 2019, and the company has also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC’s Disruptor 50 and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Over the past two years we’ve become a public company and expanded our platform with enterprise-grade features in privacy, security and compliance, putting SurveyMonkey on the path to rapidly expand our presence within the Fortune 500. We have ambitious goals to grow our international footprint as well, and every member of our troop plays a critical role in driving this growth and transformation. It’s an incredible time to join the company and be a part of our next chapter!
The Payments team is recruiting a QA Engineer to help develop a new platform to handle worldwide payment processing for SurveyMonkey.
You should be self-driven, passionate about releasing quality and reliable software and think that working closely with developers as part of an agile team is the best way of achieving this.
Testing is a vital and equal part of the development process in the Payments team and by participating in sprints you ensure testing is an integral part of product development from start to finish.
You will be an integral part of the scrum team participating in sprint planning and daily stand-ups. Your responsibilities will include:
- All aspects of testing from the initial design & execution to rollout.
- Tracking and reporting of issues, and verification of their resolution.
- Expanding and improving existing test libraries, building and maintaining modular, end-to end and automated regression tests.
- Integration of testing into our release process.
- Ensuring that regression tests are kept up to date and executed as part of the release process.
- Author, plan and organise automated test approach, to be executed with the assistance of other automated testers.
- Reviewing functional design specifications and/or user stories.
- Writing detailed acceptance criteria for automation testing (A/C).
- Identifying and automate data requirements.
- Documenting automated QA testing processes and best practices.
- Performing coded automation testing.
- Conducting test case development based on functional and technical requirements.
- Setting up and monitoring of automation test suites as part of CI/CD pipeline.
- Working directly with the global test function within SurveyMonkey to maintain and enhance our test automation frameworks.
- Maintaining bug backlogs - triaging and prioritising with stakeholders during sprint planning.
- Advocating for QA and defining/maintaining quality standards within your team.
As part of the QA team in SurveyMonkey you will also have the opportunity to participate in code reviews of automation scripts from across the QA community.
- 2+ years software testing experience.
- Degree in computing, engineering, or related field.
- Experience in test case development and execution.
- Test Automation experience (Selenium web browser automation or similar).
- Good understanding of testing web based applications.
- Testing RESTful API architectures through code-based testing.
- Test case management tools (e.g. Test Rail) and Python experience.
- Testing fundamentals - test case generation, smoke testing, regression, etc.
- Cross browser/platform testing experience.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Familiarity with scripting languages.
- Requirements Analysis experience.
- Experience working with payment systems is desirable, but not a requirement.
- ISTQB certification not required, but a plus.
- Agile/lean methodologies and processes - ideally Kanban or scrum.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with a ticketing system such as Jira.
- Exposure to Linux environments.
- Some experience of mobile testing would also be a plus.
At SurveyMonkey, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, pension, paid holidays and parental leave, and equity compensation.
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.