SurveyMonkey (NASDAQ: SVMK) is a leading global survey software company on a mission to power the curious. The company’s People Powered Data platform empowers over 17 million active users to measure and understand feedback from employees, customers, website and app users, and the market. SurveyMonkey’s products, enterprise solutions and integrations enable 335,000+ organizations to solve daily challenges, from delivering better customer experiences to increasing employee retention. With SurveyMonkey, organizations around the world can transform feedback into business intelligence that drives growth and innovation.
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture, we are building a workplace for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC where people of every background can thrive. We’ve won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals. SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 and 2019, and the company has also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC’s Disruptor 50 and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Over the past two years we’ve become a public company and expanded our platform with enterprise-grade features in privacy, security and compliance, putting SurveyMonkey on the path to rapidly expand our presence within the Fortune 500. We have ambitious goals to grow our international footprint as well, and every member of our troop plays a critical role in driving this growth and transformation. It’s an incredible time to join the company and be a part of our next chapter!
Does _surveymonkey_ speak to you? Then you’re probably just who we need to help us build interesting, scalable solutions (and create maintainable systems that stand the test of time). See your code go live right away — and have an impact today, tomorrow, and for years to come. More importantly, we’re a friendly bunch looking for a teammate, not a lone wolf. If you're looking to own an integral part of our system, let's chat!
SurveyMonkey, is seeking an inspirational technical leader who will be responsible for delivering and developing our core surveys product roadmap and revamp the underlying technology.
Our ideal candidate will have experience in high volume enterprise SAAS products and have demonstrated excellence in building & managing agile engineering teams. You will continue building our culture of accountability and empowerment while bringing new ideas to drive agility and velocity.
This position reports to the CTO
- Inspire, mentor and foster a culture of growth across a variety of levels and locations as we continue to drive a high level of performance across our engineering culture.
- Effectively manage recruiting and performance of team members and can provide insightful feedback regarding performance of others.
- Be able to strategically arbitrate between business and engineering needs
- Ensure engineers understand business direction and how individual work facilitates end goals
- Develop strong relationships with cross functional partners
- Represent the engineering organization with other executives, large customers, and the general public
- Contribute to the evolution of the product development lifecycle
- Drive best practices and principles within your engineering team
- Oversee a team of 75 engineering professionals
- 10+ years experience running large scale distributed systems
- 5+ years experience in a consumer-grade enterprise software company
- Exceptional people skills – mentoring, leading, scaling teams > 100
- Ability to attract and inspire fantastic engineers
- Demonstrated experience in running teams across multiple locations
- Strong storytelling skills and persuasive both written and verbal communication skills
- Strong executive presence and negotiation skills
- Strong understanding of how to set engineering teams up to be successful
- Experience with migration to the cloud and refactoring large scale distributed systems
At SurveyMonkey, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, Pension contribution and equity comp.
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer.