SurveyMonkey (NASDAQ: SVMK) is a leading global survey software company on a mission to power the curious. The company’s People Powered Data platform empowers over 17 million active users to measure and understand feedback from employees, customers, website and app users, and the market. SurveyMonkey’s products, enterprise solutions and integrations enable 350,000+ organizations to solve daily challenges, from delivering better customer experiences to increasing employee retention. With SurveyMonkey, organizations around the world can transform feedback into business intelligence that drives growth and innovation.
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture, we are building a workplace for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC where people of every background can thrive. We’ve won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals. SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 and 2019, and the company has also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC’s Disruptor 50 and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Over the past two years we’ve become a public company and expanded our platform with enterprise-grade features in privacy, security and compliance, putting SurveyMonkey on the path to rapidly expand our presence within the Fortune 500. We have ambitious goals to grow our international footprint as well, and every member of our troop plays a critical role in driving this growth and transformation. It’s an incredible time to join the company and be a part of our next chapter!
SurveyMonkey is seeking an Accounts Payable Manager who will report to the Director of Accounting Operations and be a critical member of our growing Company. The AP Manager will have several responsibilities that include full cycle of the global AP function, supervision of 3 AP staff, managing the expense reporting tool, enforcing the travel and expense policy, working with the general ledger team on accrual estimates, working closely with the procurement and treasury teams, and maintaining various balance sheet account reconciliations. The AP Manager will also be actively involved in the company’s month-end close processes.
- Motivate, manage, train and supervise the accounts payable team
- Supervise and ensure responsibilities of the accounts payable team are completed in a timely and accurate manner while complying with company policies and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) controls
- Manage day to day AP performance including PO and Non PO invoice processing, Expense report processing, Corporate card payments and various other one time payments if necessary.
- Effectively lead the accounts payable team and demonstrate a strong cross functional partnership with Procurement, General Ledger, International Accounting, Treasury, Human Resources, and Business Systems (IT)
- Partake as a major stakeholder in the finance transformation program to ensure successful P2P solution implementation, business change, training and transition from manual to automated processes.
- Develop, implement and maintain procedures and policies to ensure adherence to company guidelines.
- Monitor key operational metrics that measure/assess accounts payable performance and drive continuous improvement
- Prepare annual tax filing Form 1099s
- Assist with month-end close, quarterly reviews, and year-end audits
- Maintain account reconciliations for selected accounts
- Maintain accounting records as required per company policy and required for GAAP and SOX purposes (documentation, approvals, etc.)
- Identify and implement system and process improvements to improve the operating quality and efficiency of accounts payable
- Answer team questions, resolve escalations, and escalate issues as needed
- Handle special projects and provide backup support as needed for finance/accounting team
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- 6+ years or more of AP and/or general ledger accounting experience is required with three or four years of supervisory experience.
- Good understanding of application and practice of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and SOX
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Team player and has ability to work independently
- Detail oriented and excellent organization and analytical skills
- Ability to be proactive and identify accounting issues and identify areas for improvement (i.e. missing information, inconsistencies with contracts, etc.)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite of products (Word, Excel, Outlook) and familiarity with automated accounting systems and their application to accounting functions
- International experience a plus
- Experience with NetSuite, Nexonia, Coupa, and TripActions a significant plus
At SurveyMonkey, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, 401k, paid holidays, and equity compensation.
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.