SurveyMonkey (NASDAQ: SVMK) is a leading global survey software company on a mission to power the curious. The company’s People Powered Data platform empowers over 17 million active users to measure and understand feedback from employees, customers, website and app users, and the market. SurveyMonkey’s products, enterprise solutions and integrations enable 350,000+ organizations to solve daily challenges, from delivering better customer experiences to increasing employee retention. With SurveyMonkey, organizations around the world can transform feedback into business intelligence that drives growth and innovation.
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture, we are building a workplace for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC where people of every background can thrive. We’ve won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals. SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 and 2019, and the company has also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC’s Disruptor 50 and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Over the past two years we’ve become a public company and expanded our platform with enterprise-grade features in privacy, security and compliance, putting SurveyMonkey on the path to rapidly expand our presence within the Fortune 500. We have ambitious goals to grow our international footprint as well, and every member of our troop plays a critical role in driving this growth and transformation. It’s an incredible time to join the company and be a part of our next chapter!
We seek team members who share our interest in engaging legal issues and who apply a pragmatic, creative, and thoughtful approach when providing legal advice to our business teams. As an internet business, we often operate on the leading edge of the legal sphere, where the law struggles to keep up with technology and the rules get fuzzy. This makes our work very interesting. So, if this is something you’d be passionate about and you want to work in a hands-on start-up environment we’d love to have you on board.
SurveyMonkey is seeking a bright, talented attorney to join its legal team. We are looking for a Senior Corporate Counsel - Commercial Transactions with experience in SaaS business issues and transactions. This is an exciting opportunity to be involved in helping to scale a growing internet business. This role will require you to focus on enterprise commercial transactions and will involve extensive collaboration with members of SurveyMonkey’s sales, finance, operations, and executive teams.
A successful candidate will:
- Have primary responsibility for negotiating, drafting and advising on all IT contracts, including SaaS Enterprise Agreements and ancillary documentation related to sales deals.
- Proactively provide training and ongoing support to internal teams on sales and contractual matters, including developing internal playbooks and training.
- Collaborate closely with internal clients and key stakeholders (including the sales, sales operations, security, finance, and management teams) by providing legal advice on relevant legal topics.
- Negotiate and advise on customer and vendor privacy related agreements.
- Actively support the Procurement team to navigate complex contractual negotiations, including security and privacy related matters.
- Gain in-depth product knowledge of all SurveyMonkey products and services.
- Take the initiative to recommend and implement improvements to commercial policies, procedures, and standard form contracts.
- Build strong relationships with and support other members of the legal team as required.
- 7+ years of relevant experience in a top-tier law firm and/or in-house in a technology company.
- Law degree from a reputable institution with a strong academic record.
- Excellent negotiation, drafting and communication skills with the ability to foster relationships and collaborate with internal clients.
- Strong general commercial contracting background with experience of IT and SaaS contracts preferred.
- Experience with and a demonstrated ability to negotiate data-privacy related agreements. Ability to give succinct, commercially driven legal advice.
- Razor sharp organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects and drive them through to completion within required timeframes.
- Works well autonomously and in a multidisciplinary team environment.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Experience with lease and other commercial real estate matters a plus.
At SurveyMonkey, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, pension, paid holidays and equity compensation.
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.