The Ottawa sales team is trying something different. We don’t currently have an open role for our Business Development team, but we want to build a pipeline of amazing candidates. The interview process for this position will be a little different, too. If your experience matches what we are looking for, our recruiting team will book a phone interview. If that goes well, we will have you speak with the hiring manager. From there, we will keep you updated on life at SurveyMonkey and what our company is up to. Once a position opens up, you’ll be first in line to come onsite to have your final interview. To make sure we’re talking to the right people, please address your cover letter to Goldie and tell us about the best deal you were part of.
The Business Development Representative will play a key role in driving new business for the Enterprise Sales teams by qualifying leads generated through outbound email campaigns and cold calls. The lead qualification role will manage the early stages of the sales process for SurveyMonkey’s sales organization, identifying and cultivating new sales opportunities that fuel pipeline growth. The person in this role will work closely with SurveyMonkey’s Account Executives to identify and capitalize on areas of opportunity.
SurveyMonkey (NASDAQ: SVMK) is a leading global survey software company on a mission to power the curious. The company’s People Powered Data platform empowers over 17 million active users to measure and understand feedback from employees, customers, website and app users, and the market. SurveyMonkey’s products, enterprise solutions and integrations enable 350,000+ organizations to solve daily challenges, from delivering better customer experiences to increasing employee retention. With SurveyMonkey, organizations around the world can transform feedback into business intelligence that drives growth and innovation.
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture, we are building a workplace for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC where people of every background can thrive. We’ve won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals. SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 and 2019, and the company has also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC’s Disruptor 50 and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Over the past two years we’ve become a public company and expanded our platform with enterprise-grade features in privacy, security and compliance, putting SurveyMonkey on the path to rapidly expand our presence within the Fortune 500. We have ambitious goals to grow our international footprint as well, and every member of our troop plays a critical role in driving this growth and transformation. It’s an incredible time to join the company and be a part of our next chapter!
- Vigorously qualify and develop outbound leads over the phone and through e-mail
- Conduct high level conversations with Senior Executives in prospect accounts
- Complete accurate tracking of communication with current and potential customers in SalesForce.com and other tools
- Focus on customer success and exceeding customer expectations
- Prospect for new business opportunities through outbound emails and calls
- Learn and execute a proven process to generate new business opportunities
- Schedule appointments with customers to review potential needs
- Book discovery calls with prospects for Account Executive
- Manage and maintain lead pipeline in Salesforce CRM.
- Participate in ongoing business development trainings and meetings
- Passion for building a career in sales
- Strong phone and interpersonal communication skills (verbal and written)
- Independent, focused, and organized
- Active listener – can easily determine customer needs
- Highly motivated with an engaging personality and strong attention to detail
- Hands-on self-starter who can bring projects to conclusion
- Previous Sandler methodology training is a plus
Must be able to obtain and hold government security clearance at the Reliability level.
At SurveyMonkey, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, RRSP matching, and equity compensation.
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.