SurveyMonkey (NASDAQ: SVMK) is a leading global survey software company on a mission to power the curious. The company’s People Powered Data platform empowers over 17 million active users to measure and understand feedback from employees, customers, website and app users, and the market. SurveyMonkey’s products, enterprise solutions and integrations enable 335,000+ organizations to solve daily challenges, from delivering better customer experiences to increasing employee retention. With SurveyMonkey, organizations around the world can transform feedback into business intelligence that drives growth and innovation.
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture, we are building a workplace for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC where people of every background can thrive. We’ve won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals. SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 and 2019, and the company has also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC’s Disruptor 50 and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Over the past two years we’ve become a public company and expanded our platform with enterprise-grade features in privacy, security and compliance, putting SurveyMonkey on the path to rapidly expand our presence within the Fortune 500. We have ambitious goals to grow our international footprint as well, and every member of our troop plays a critical role in driving this growth and transformation. It’s an incredible time to join the company and be a part of our next chapter!
About the Role:
The ideal candidate will have a very strong technical skill set, be eager to learn, flexible, innovative, confident, have a strong sense of urgency, and be able to adapt quickly to changing priorities. Candidate must be comfortable interacting across all disciplines of the company.
- Oversee global multinational equity programs and process all related transactions in the equity system, including options grants, exercises, cancellations, ESPP and RSU releases.
- Responsible for day-to-day activities pertaining to stock administration and maintaining data integrity within the Equity Edge database.
- Work with legal and HR to prepare and coordinate equity grants.
- Prepare and distribute grant documentation and agreements globally for all active grants.
- Produce monthly, quarterly and year-end reporting including capitalization tables and related equity rollforwards.
- Develop, document and maintain controls/integrity of data and processes.
- Serve as initial point of contact for employee’s inquiries or requests pertaining to equity programs, equity transactions and other equity-related matters.
- Timely reconciliation of data on a periodic basis and year-end close between Stock Administration, HR records, payroll and Transfer Agent.
- Prepare equity summary for the board meetings to include the status of the equity pool and award activities.
- Timely preparation and filing of Section 16 Form 3, 4 and 5.
- Prepare annual reporting forms required by IRS.
- Prepare and distribute year-end tax statements for all equity transactions related to international reporting.
- Manage internal interfaces with payroll, global reporting and global processing.
- Keep abreast of global compliance issues, drive compliance initiatives and coordinate global tax compliance efforts in coordination with the Legal, HR and Tax departments.
- Coordinate with internal and international payroll departments and/or service providers to ensure proper taxation, withholding and reporting of all equity transactions.
- Collaborate and partner with HR on development and distribution of employee education/communication initiatives.
- Identify, participate in and drive various efficiency projects.
- Provide excellent customer service to internal business partners and fellow employees.
- Establish a friendly and professional rapport cross functionally.
- Work with internal partners (Tax, HR, Payroll, Legal, Technical Accounting) to provide ad hoc reporting and work on various projects
- Experience with Equity Edge Online.
- Effective and credible at managing the annual audit process and meeting management’s expectations and deadlines.
- 4+ years of experience in administration of global equity programs.
- Certified Equity Professional (CEP) or in process of obtaining certification a plus.
- Strong academic background; Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred.
- Experience with processing equity transactions and managing the systems including system conversions.
- Keen attention to detail and experience with data reconciliations and analysis.
- Experience with documentation and evaluation of current procedures.
- Self-motivated, proactive and efficient with high standards for quality and meeting deadlines.
- Self-starter with strong ability to work with minimal supervision in a dynamic fast-paced environment taking.
- Willing to assume full responsibility for all tasks assigned with high standards for quality and meeting deadlines.
- Technically competent, methodical and analytical.
- Possesses excellent organizational skills and a solutions-oriented team player.
- Strong work ethic and sense of humor.
- Maintains focus during high volume of work; can embrace change and thrive in ambiguity.
- Excellent communication (verbal, written and interpersonal) and multi-tasking skills.
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills.
- SOX/COSO framework compliance familiarity a plus.
- Intrinsic desire to seek solutions and results oriented.
- Experience in SAAS/Internet/Technology sector and experience with NetSuite a plus.
- Ability to safeguard strict confidentiality of Company data.
At SurveyMonkey, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, 401k, paid holidays and parental leave, and equity compensation.
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.